Blood biochemistry - is one of the most versatile methods of laboratory research, since it can be used to evaluate the different systems of the human body.This diagnosis plays an important role in the diagnosis, determining the stage of disease, the appointment and adjustment of treatment.
What do the results of biochemical analysis of blood, and when he was appointed?
results of this study - an assessment of the following parameters:
- total protein;
- total cholesterol (cholesterol);
- alanine aminotransferase (ALT);
- aspartate aminotransferase (AST);
Each substance in the blood performs its specific functions.
blood test this method often given during the examination of the complex organism.In the event that the patient has no obvious sign
s of disease, biochemical blood test will help determine which of the authorities does not fulfill its function and does not work as it should.Any change in performance indicates a need for urgent intervention.
specialists of almost all branches of medicine using the results of blood biochemical examination in their practice.Here are the most common ones: urology, gastroenterology, gynecology, cardiology, and many others.This method of diagnosis - a set of tests that are assigned to the patient depending on the clinical picture and complaints.
Decoding standards and biochemical analysis of blood
strict measures "normal" values for all parameters of the biochemical analysis of blood there.Norm speak only if they are between the maximum and minimum allowable value.In addition, due to the use of different reagents or technologies, the absolute values of the analysis parameters may vary.In general, the following rules biochemical analysis of blood:
- total protein norm is 64-84 g / l .Increasing the concentration of the substance in the blood may indicate an infectious disease and cancer, as well as autoimmune pathologies (rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatic fever).Reducing the concentration can be observed on the basis of a small protein dietary intake, diseases of the kidneys, intestines, liver cancer or disease and hyperthyroidism.
- The rate of glucose in the decoding should be 3,30-5,50 mmol / l .Increased glucose concentration occurs in diabetes type I or II, hormonal disorders, pancreatitis, chronic and acute course, pathologies of the kidneys and liver.Lowering the concentrations observed in the tumors of the pancreas, severe liver disease (tumor, cirrhosis), endocrine disorders and other
- urea Norma -. 2,5-8,3 mmol / l .The growth of the urea concentration can be the result of heart failure, poor kidney function, tumor process, intestinal obstruction, bleeding or obstruction of the urinary tract.Reduced concentrations occur in liver disease, pregnancy, malabsorption in the intestines.
- creatinine norm is - 53-97 mmol / l (for women) and 62-115 mmol / l (for men). concentration of growth often indicates hyperthyroidism or kidney failure, as well as observed in large-scale damage to the muscle as a result of injury or surgery.Reduced creatinine level is fasting during pregnancy (1st and 2nd trimester).
- total cholesterol is Norma - 3.5 - 6.5 mmol / l.Growth cholesterol is considered a risk factor for coronary heart disease and atherosclerosis.To increase the concentration of cholesterol diet also leads, consisting of fat and carbohydrates, pathology of the pancreas, liver, kidney, diabetes, alcoholism, hypothyroidism, gout.Reducing cholesterol levels can occur with poor intestinal absorption, pulmonary tuberculosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and others.
- total bilirubin The rate ranges from 5 to 20 mol / L .The growth of its indicators suggest a lack of vitamin B12, liver disease (cirrhosis, hepatitis), cholestasis, cholelithiasis.
- Norma ALT is: up to 31 U / L (for women), and up to 41 U / L (men) .Increased activity of ALT in the blood is a sign of liver damage and heart, heart failure, hepatitis, myocardial infarction.
- Norma AST for women up to 31 U / L and for men - up to 41 U / L .High level of AST indicates myocardial infarction, pancreatitis, hepatitis, heart failure or liver cancer.Decrease of enzyme activity occurs on the background of necrotic processes, given the shortage of vitamin B6, at rupture of the liver.
- lipase norm in deciphering the biochemical analysis of blood is - 0 - 190 U / L. Height lipase activity may indicate the presence of abnormalities of the pancreas, biliary tract disease, peritonitis, diabetes, serious damage to the intestines, obesity.Reduced activity observed against excess triglycerides, as well as for cancer (except for pancreatic cancer).
- Norma amylase is - 28 - 100 U / L. High amylase indicates: pancreatitis, peritonitis, cysts of the pancreas, renal failure, cholecystitis, diabetes, etc. Reducing amylase activity occurs at a dysfunction of the pancreas or removal surgically, necrotizing pancreatitis, hepatitis, chronic and acute course, cystic fibrosis, toxicosis.pregnant.
How to prepare for the study?
strict requirement for this diagnosis - refuse to eat for 6-10 hours before giving blood (between the last meal and blood samples must undergo at least 12 hours).Drinking is allowed only plain water without gas (coffee, tea, juice is not allowed).One day prior to blood sampling is required that the admission of alcoholic drinks in 1 hour - smoking.You must also refrain from strenuous exercise and increased mental and emotional stress.The study was conducted in the morning, taking blood from a vein is performed.