1. Indications for use of the drug Velcade
2. contraindications to the drug Velcade
3. Dosing and Administration
4. Side effects
Velcade - an antineoplastic drug used to treat multiple myeloma (malignant blood disease), and mantle cell lymphoma.
drug Viewed drug is used for the treatment of:
- Multiple Myeloma (as a component of first-line combination therapy);
- multiple myeloma (as second-line therapy in patients first line therapy passed earlier);
- mantle cell lymphoma in patients treated first line passed earlier.
According to the instructions to Velcade, contraindications to therapy with this drug is:
- idiosyncrasy or hypersensitivity to bortezomib patients - the main active ingredient of the drug Velcade;
- increased sensitivity of the patient to the other components included in the product under consideration;
- severe disorders of the kidneys and liver;
- children's age (due to lack of experience with the drug in the treatment of young patients);
- pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding).
contents of the vial with the drug Velcade was dissolved in 0.9% sodium chloride solution.After that, the prepared solution for injection is administered intravenously to a patient stuyno within three to five seconds.Before injection bortezomib solution is checked for extraneous mechanical impurities and discoloration (properly prepared solution should be colorless and transparent).In the event of any use of the drug can not be cooked deviations.
The instructions to Velcade detail painted the standard regimen of the drug.They are different for monotherapy and combination therapy of cancer.
So, for monoterrapii using Velcade is characterized by the following scheme of application: within the first two weeks of therapy, the patient is administered Velcade twice a week at the rate of 1.3 mg of bortezomib (the main active ingredient of the drug) for each square meter of the surface of the patient's body.Thus, the patient receives an injection preparation in the first, fourth, eighth and eleventh day therapy.The interval between two consecutive administrations at Velcade instructions should not be less than 72 hours.After a ten-day break, the treatment regimen is repeated.
For combination therapy characterized by a combination treatment of Velcade in combination with melphalan and prednisone, taken orally.The recommended dosage unit of the drug is the same as in monotherapy.The scheme of treatment is treating physician.
Side effects caused by the drug Velcade, are quite diverse.However, any use of chemotherapy in the treatment of cancer, usually accompanied by unpleasant concomitant symptoms.Existing reviews of Velcade, suggests that this fact applies to the product under consideration.Side effects of therapy are Velcade:
- on the part of the cardiovascular system: decrease in blood pressure, tachycardia, arrhythmia, orthostatic hypotension, atrial fibrillation, petechiae, and pulmonary edema, cardiogenic shock, worsening heart failure, reduced left ventricular function, bradycardia, cardiac tamponadeand complete atrioventricular block;
- on the part of the lymphatic system and blood formation system: very often (more than 10% of cases) - anemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia;quite often there is lymphopenia and leukopenia;infrequently observed febrile neutropenia and pancytopenia;in rare cases may develop DIC;
- on the part of the central and peripheral nervous system: peripheral neuropathy, dizziness, headache, dysesthesia, anxiety, seizures, fainting, loss of taste, in rare cases, there is autonomic neuropathy, encephalopathy;
-According reviews of Velcade, patients may experience such side reactions of the body of the digestive system: nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, bowel obstruction, stomatitis, hepatitis, bleeding from the upper gastrointestinal-kishechnogo tract and other;
- on the part of the respiratory system can be confusing for shortness of breath, cough, hemoptysis, epistaxis;
- renal failure, hematuria, dysuria, renal dysfunction;
- impaired vision and hearing, up to two-sided deafness;
- pain in the extremities, arthralgia, myalgia;
- skin rash, hives, itching;
Furthermore, according to reviews of Velcade, many patients at the time of therapy with marked weakness, fatigue, chills, fever, swelling of lower limbs.
Exceeding the recommended dose is two times or more there is a sharp drop in blood pressure and the development of thrombocytopenia with fatal.
Product description posted on this page is a supplement and a simplified version of the official version of the annotations to the drug.The information is provided for informational purposes only and is not a guide to self-medication.Before using the product you should consult with a specialist and to get acquainted with the instructions approved by the manufacturer.
Contents: 1. release forms and composition 2. Pharmacological action Anafranil 3. Dosing and dosing 4. Indications Anafranil ...
Contents: 1. Instructions for use Anaferon 2. Side effects Anaferon 3. Contraindications 4. Anaferon children 5. reviewsA...
Contents: 1. Indications Analgin 2. Instructions for use Analgin 3. Side effects and contraindications to the use of the drug ...