1. Classification colitis
3. ENTEROCOLITIS children
4. Diagnosing diseases
5. treatment of enterocolitis
inflammatory bowel disease is the definition of enterocolitis, which in turn can be divided into two components:
- enteritis (inflammation of the small intestine);
- colitis (inflammation of the colon).
Assuming that our intestines can be compared with the communicating tube above inflammatory processes can not be isolated.Despite the fact that the early stages of enterocolitis may be limited colitis or enteritis, inflammation eventually spread to the whole intestine.For this reason, treatment of this disease is a complex of therapeutic measures.
colitis occurs most often in children but also in adults for sure almost everyone experienced during life on themselves symptoms of enterocolitis (diarrhea, poisoning stale food).
classification of this disease is a division of enteritis and colitis, into several groups depending
1. Bacterial colitis and enteritis occur due to infection of an organism, however any bacteria, which in turn can cause intestinal infections.Among the diseases of employees cause of bacterial colitis isolated nature: salmonellosis, dysentery, or shigellosis.
2. Parasitic enteritis and colitis are the result of ability to live in the intestines of parasites such as amoeba, trichomonads or helminths (worms).
3. Toxic colitis and enteritis are due to lesions of the mucous membrane of the internal organs toxic agents.It is worth noting that their nature is different, it may be drugs, and various poisons (chemicals).
4. Nutritional colitis and enteritis develop as a result of improper diet.
5. Mechanical colitis and enteritis are due to frequent constipation, prolonged;
6. Secondary colitis and enteritis is one of the complications of other diseases related to the functioning of the digestive system.
Symptoms The main symptoms of colitis are abdominal pain, bloating, accompanied by rumbling, as well as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.On palpation of the abdomen revealed a specialist pain, the language of the present plaque.
In the event that was caused colitis any infection may be present in the stool mucus or blood.Infectious colitis characterized as fever and general symptoms of acute intoxication, a feeling of weakness, headaches, and muscle aches.
In chronic enterocolitis symptoms usually Just noticeable, much like the early stages of the disease, but in some cases may develop complications that can be life-threatening.
The most characteristic symptoms of enterocolitis, chronic form, is:
1. Pain in the navel area, in some cases, the pain "spreads" throughout the abdomen.For enteritis characterized by dull and moderate pain and for the colitis with high intensity, increasing after meals or at any physical activity.
2. Alternating loose stool and constipation.
3. Indigestion, leading to excessive gas (flatulence).
4. A significant reduction in body weight.
The disease leads to disruption of intestinal motility, secretory and suction functions and digestion process.often at a younger age colitis develops in children when ingested staph infection, in addition to this cause of this disease may serve as otitis or pneumonia.
Malnutrition is also considered a major cause of enterocolitis in children as irregular eating, overeating, eating dry rations is having a negative effect on the bowels.That is why most students who refuse to nutrition and to their own devices after school, are at risk of this disease.
In order to prevent the development of chronic enterocolitis, it is necessary in the first years of a child's life closely monitor his diet and health in general.
careful study of the symptoms of enterocolitis, as well as carrying out laboratory tests of blood and stool allows the technician to diagnose colitis without difficulty.In some cases, bowel instrumental study is conducted to clarify the diagnosis.
order to prescribe the correct treatment of enterocolitis, you must find out the reason for its development.
In cases where colitis caused by infectious diseases, antibiotic therapy is appointed, selected antibiotics able to combat the causative agent of the inflammatory process in the body.These can be drugs penicillins or cephalosporins.
Since colitis common severe loss of body fluids (diarrhea, vomiting), as a therapy to increase the amount of fluid intake (fruit drinks, herbal teas).
If the main symptoms of the patient are pain in the stomach, for the treatment of enterocolitis specialists prescribe antispasmodics.
To restore the normal functioning of the digestive tract are appointed fermentosoderzhaschie drugs, it can be mezim forte, Creon or pancreatin.
the treatment of chronic enterocolitis caused by communicable diseases do not, you need a mandatory control specialist, it can be a general practitioner, surgeon or gastroenterologist.This group
bowel disease and requires complex multicomponent therapy in the treatment of enterocolitis may need not only the medication but surgery.The minimum duration of treatment of colitis usually takes two weeks.
addition should pay attention to diet, to the treatment of enterocolitis in children and adults to be successful, it is advisable to exclude from the food products increases peristalsis.Should eat small meals up to 6 times per day.
This article is available exclusively in the educational purposes and is not research material or professional medical advice.
make an appointment to see a doctor
Contents: 1. Pollinoz children 2. pollen allergens during hay fever 3. treatment of hay fever Hay fever is a seasonal allerg...
Contents: 1. Causes of polyps 2. clinical picture 3. cervical polyps during pregnancy 4. Treatment polyps 5. Folk treatmen...
Contents: 1. Symptoms polyp rectum 2. Diagnosis and treatment of polyps One of the most common benign intestinal epithelial form...