1. Traumatic injuries of the knee joint, causes and types of
2. Treatment of damaged joint
3. Rehabilitation after knee injury
knee joint is oftenother joints of the body is exposed to injury, since it is the largest and takes all the weight of the body, as well as the load, which is associated with walking, running and other movements.
Knee injuries are inevitable in our lives.They are diagnosed very often, and not only for athletes but also for people who are not related to professional sport.
also that the knee joint is very large, it is also quite complex structure.For this reason, it is sometimes difficult to identify, which of its components (tendon, meniscus, cartilage, etc.) is damaged.
are the following types of knee injuries:
1. Contusion.As a rule, the most bruised knee.There is a front or side of the joint as a result of a direct blow.The most common knee injury is diagnosed after the fall of man o
2. Gaps and damage internal and lateral menisci.Results from the sudden lateral movement of the knee with a fixed stop.Gaps and meniscal damage often seen in athletes and in most cases require immediate surgical intervention.
3. Stretching (tears) and torn ligaments.Arise in the case of direct action on the knee joint of traumatic large force.Bundles can rip (or overstrain) when dropped from a height, car accidents, sports (especially hockey, wrestling).
4. Dislocation of the knee joint and patella occur rarely, as well as torn ligaments arise from the serious knee injury.
5. Intra-articular fractures of the femur, tibia and patella.Patella fracture occurs mostly in elderly people as a result of their fall.
6. Damage to cartilage is very often accompanied by a knee injury, joint dislocation, or intra-articular fracture.
To facilitate their condition, pain relief, which is accompanied by almost any knee injury, you should know the basic rules of first aid:
If the pain does not subside, swollen knee, while there is a knee joint deformation or signs of hemarthrosis (bleeding into the joint cavity), you should immediately consult a doctor.
In most cases, treatment of knee injuries should take place in a hospital, under medical supervision.
Since any symptom of knee injury is severe pain, you will need to fix the problem of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory analgesic intake of drugs based on diclofenac, ibuprofen, ketoprofen, etc.
Treatment of knee injuries, which are a consequence of injuries depends on the severity of the injury, but, as a rule, takes place in the home.When lung injury only requires immobilization (rest) of the damaged joint and an elastic bandage on it.In more serious injuries may be imposed on the affected limb plaster splints (tires).
Conservative treatment of knee injuries, the consequences of which are damaged menisci and ligament tears, is to immobilize the joint by laying the entire length of the limb plaster or plaster tires splint (orthopedic knee joint lock).But unlike injuries when the tire is imposed by 10-20 days, when damaged menisci and ligaments splint (splint) is removed after 5-8 weeks.
In case if such damage occurs hemarthrosis synovitis or joint splints before overlaying conducted actions on blood extraction (or synovial fluid) from the damaged area, as well as an introduction to his solution of novocaine.
Treatment of knee injuries, which result in torn ligaments and menisci are almost always can not do without surgery.The sooner it is done, the better will be the results.Setting the surgeon to remove the torn meniscus, restore a torn ligament, an overall joint correction.
After the operation shown overlaying plaster tires is not less than 6 weeks.
often difficult even for experienced surgeon the correct diagnosis when the knee injuries.For example, it is very difficult only after feeling (palpation) to tell torn knee or just torn ligament.For this reason, for the diagnosis of any knee injury held joint radiography.
During treatment (when the joint is in splints), as well as during rehabilitation from a knee injury, to prevent the development of atrophy of the muscles is important to perform multiple lifting and lowering the sick limb.
today to replace the traditional method of surgery came arthroscopy.The advantage of arthroscopic treatment of knee injuries in his low-impact, high early diagnosis and patient activation.The patient is allowed to walk with crutches after the operation, and in most cases do not even limit the motor activity of the joint plaster splint.
Depending on the severity of injury rehabilitation from a knee injury can last from two weeks to a year.It includes:
after meniscus or cartilage damage rehabilitation usually lasts 2-6 weeks depending on the severity of damage.
Stretched ligaments completely restored two weeks after a knee injury, but in the case of complete rupture of rehabilitation can last up to a year.
important to remember that during periods of recovery from a knee injury need to take special precautions not to harm the process of tissue repair.
This article is available exclusively in the educational purposes and is not research material or professional medical advice.
make an appointment to see a doctor
Contents: 1. nature of the disease 2. Types and symptoms of chronic nephritis 3. treatment of chronic nephritis 4. disease pr...
Contents: 1. Symptoms of glomerulonephritis 2. diagnosis of chronic glomerulonephritis 3. Treatment of chronic glomerulonephritis...
Contents: 1. Symptoms of chronic bronchitis 2. Chronic obstructive bronchitis 3. Treatment of chronic bronchitis 4. Folk trea...