1. Stages and symptoms of steatosis
2. reasons for the emergence and development of disease
3. Diagnosis and treatment of hepatic steatosis.Diet for steatosis.
steatosis (fatty liver, steatosis) - liver disease in which there is focal or diffuse (scattered) the deposition of fat in its cells (hepatocytes).
steatosis Hepatic steatosis - quite insidious disease, as long as the self does not manifest.In particular, at its first stage, when the fatty inclusions are only beginning to be deposited in the liver, without violating the integrity of its cells, hepatocytes, steatosis no symptoms.
second stage of the disease is characterized by a large part of steatosis of the liver, fat blotches increase in size and merge with each other, forming a cyst, so that there is dying (necrosis) of their own liver cells.This person begins to feel the following symptoms steatosis:
third stage of steatosis, which is also called predtsirrozivnoy, characterized by the destruction of the liver.The structural integrity of the liver is disrupted due to proliferation of connective tissue, which replaces its own parenchyma (tissue) of the liver.The body increases in size, disrupted the flow of bile.
Symptoms steatosis in its third stage:
Furthermore, by reducing the immunity in patients symptom often observed indirect hepatic steatosis, namely frequent colds.
small proportion of fat (about 5%) available in any of the liver of a healthy person.Possible steatosis can say that when the mass fraction of fat in the liver is greater than 10%.In some advanced cases, the fat content is 50-60%.
factors leading to the occurrence and development of hepatic steatosis:
1. Toxic effects on the liver:
2. Metabolic disorders:
3. The imbalance in the diet:
4. Hypoxia (acid starvation of tissues of the body) - in some cases, the symptoms are observed steatosis in patientssuffering from lung disease and cardiovascular failure.
hepatic steatosis diagnosed in people of all ages, even children, but, nevertheless, the disease most often occurs in people (mostly women) who are obese, have alcohol abuse men and in older people with diabetes.
Due to insufficient symptomatic hepatic steatosis often diagnosed by chance or at the next scheduled inspection.
The whole complex of diagnostic measures include:
1. Biochemical analysis of blood, which allows you to identify all the indicators of liver condition and the appropriate treatment of hepatic steatosis.Among these figures: bilirubin, cholesterol, increase the level of enzymes (proteins) AST and ALT, and others.
2. Ultrasound examination of the liver, spleen, gall bladder.In the first stage of the disease steatosis obvious clinical symptom - a slight enlargement of the liver.With further development of the pathology has increased and spleen.In addition, with the help of ultrasound echogenicity of the liver is determined, as well as the presence of fatty cysts.
3. Laparoscopy - endoscopic examination of the liver and other abdominal organs.
4. The computer and magnetic resonance tomography.The survey helps to identify the density of the liver tissue.
5. Liver biopsy - microscopic examination of liver tissue particles to detect inclusions of fat or connective tissue.
treatment of hepatic steatosis begins with removal of the cause of the disease.Most cases of nonalcoholic steatosis arise against excess body weight.For this reason, treatment of non-alcoholic hepatic steatosis origin must begin with the right amount of low-calorie diets.
Minimum fat (especially animal fat), low carbohydrate (in particular the so-called "empty" carbohydrates), a reasonable maximum protein - the main principle of the diet with steatosis.It allowed the use of polyunsaturated fats that are found in fish and nuts.In addition, it is important to eat fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamin A.
The diet of the patient should be absent steatosis fried, fatty, Succulent food, beans, mushrooms, sausage, coffee, soft drinks and other foods with a high content of fats and carbohydrates.
Physical activity (swimming, running, gymnastics) is recommended as an auxiliary method of treatment of hepatic steatosis in people who are obese and diabetic patients.Therapy steatosis in obese insulin-dependent people also includes the administration of drugs of the biguanide class, such as Metformin.
Drug treatment of hepatic steatosis is selected for each patient individually on the basis of the diagnostic results and includes tools to improve the metabolism of fat (folic and lipoic acid, vitamin B12, choline chloride), as well as gepatoprotektory (CARS, Essentiale, Hofitol, Ursosan, Geptral and others).
Basis of treatment of hepatic steatosis in the case of alcoholic origin - abstinence from alcohol.Only then can the therapy under the above scheme.
first stage of steatosis are usually successfully treated.Subject to the fulfillment of medical prescriptions and recommendations of effective therapy and steatosis amenable to the second stage.Treatment of liver steatosis third stage is reduced to maintenance drug therapy, which aims - to stop the process of disintegration of the hepatic cells.
This article is available exclusively in the educational purposes and is not research material or professional medical advice.
make an appointment to see a doctor
Contents: 1. Bronchial asthma in children 2. symptoms 3. Emergency care in asthma 4. Treatment Bronchialasthma - a chron...
Contents: 1. types of delusional disorder 2. Diagnostics 3. Organic delusional disorder 4. chronic delusional disorder 5. ...
Contents: 1. Symptoms of botulism 2. Treatment of diseases Botulism - an acute infectious disease that is caused by food, chop...