1. Acute and chronic sinusitis
2. Symptoms of sinusitis
Inflamed sinuses acute or chronic nature of the nose is called sinusitis.Currently are 4 main types of the disease:
- sinusitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane lining the maxillary (maxillary) sinus, which is characterized by abundant purulent discharge, constant nasal congestion and sore sinuses located below the eye sockets);
- sinusitis (inflammation of the frontal sinuses, where the celebrated pain and feeling of heaviness in the forehead);
- ethmoiditis (inflammation of the ethmoidal labyrinth, which is characterized by increased sensitivity of the nose);
- sphenoiditis (inflammation of the sphenoid sinus, which are a feature of the pain in the ears / neck / top of the head).
Also, depending on how impressed sinuses on one or both sides distinguished unilateral and bilateral sinusitis.
Depending on the duration of the inflammatory process, experts distinguish
The most common diseases of the development of this form is the result of acute respiratory viral infections, which causes, in turn, serve as the influenza viruses, adenoviruses, rhinoviruses, staphylococci and many other pathogens.
In acute sinusitis mucosal edema sinus closes discharge hole sinuses, resulting in the accumulation therein infection.This process leads to the development of inflammation in the paranasal sinuses.
for acute sinusitis is characterized by severe headaches and fever.In addition, the main symptoms of sinusitis in this case is the nasal sinuses, purulent discharge from them and swelling of facial tissues at the site of the affected sinus.
chronic form of the disease develops in an incomplete treatment of sinusitis.At first it seems that the sinusitis symptoms have passed, ceased headaches, nasal congestion is not constant and often noted in the supine position.Thus there is a tickle in the throat, feeling pain when swallowing and the feeling of dryness.
Chronic sinusitis may be asymptomatic for several years, but at this time can develop complications of the internal organs such as the kidneys, liver, lungs and heart.
diagnosis of chronic sinusitis is performed using X-ray, it is currently in use for this purpose a computer tomography procedure.For a more accurate diagnosis of paranasal sinuses rayed using a special light source that is inserted through the mouth.
not always lingering runny nose becomes a cause for panic, but in those cases where the nose is stuffed up more than 10 days, during which time does not come relief, should pay attention to the following symptoms:
- long runny nose and watery mucous discharge purulent character;
- dry throat;
- copious mucous expectoration / muco-purulent character, especially in the morning time;
- nose breathing difficulty (in some cases, there is a variable stuffy nose halves);
- pain and feeling of heaviness in the area of inflamed sinuses, may be pain in the eyes, cheekbones, cheeks and teeth;
- increased sensitivity of certain parts of the face;
- weakened or absent sense of smell;
- fever (this symptom of sinusitis is typical for the acute form, chronic sinusitis body temperature often does not change);
- irritability, fatigue, lack of appetite, sleep problems;
- acute reaction to bright light (tearing);
- swelling of the cheeks / century.
Strengthening sinusitis symptoms is observed when tilting the head forward.
In chronic sinusitis symptoms are less pronounced, but continues for a longer period of time, they can disappear and reappear.
In order to prevent the transfer of acute sinusitis in chronic stage, it is recommended wasted no time to start treatment.That is why as soon as you start seeing symptoms of sinusitis, consult with a specialist, it will begin treatment early and avoid complications.
primarily in the treatment of sinusitis in children and adults, attention is paid to the elimination of the infection, cause its development.In the future, the treatment is symptomatic and is aimed at the normalization of drainage and ventilation of the paranasal sinuses.
General treatment of sinusitis in children and adults include:
- in the presence of rhinitis and the common cold symptoms to refrain from finding outside in cold weather, it is best to spend a few days at home;
- should drink plenty of warm drinks at constant nasal congestion, take a bath and exercise inhalation treatments with different essential oils (peppermint, pine, eucalyptus, etc.);
- elevated body temperature, we recommend taking antipyretic and anti-inflammatory drugs.
addition in the treatment of sinusitis can be used vasoconstrictor means by which reduces swelling of the nasal mucosa and restores a normal nasal breathing.In the treatment of sinusitis in children is recommended to use the safest drugs for the common cold, preference is given to those in which structure there xylometazoline.It should be remembered that the duration of the use of vasoconstrictor should not exceed a week.
antibiotics to treat sinusitis is most often prescribed for the acute form of the disease, and their acceptance rate is 10-14 days.The most commonly used antibiotics penicillin is amoxicillin and Cefuroxime, in some cases assigned Cotrimoxazole or Erythromycin.
may continue for 4-6 weeks in severe cases of chronic sinusitis treatment with antibiotics.At this dosage must be strictly determined by the attending physician.In cases where the sinusitis in children and adults do not respond to antibiotics, experts recommend to carry out a three-day dose of azithromycin.
use of antibiotics in the treatment of sinusitis can lead to a significant reduction in the protective functions of the organism, and this in turn leads to further aggravation of the disease.In this connection, it is recommended a parallel intake of herbal remedies that will not only enhance the local immune system, but also to strengthen the processes of natural purification of sinus mucus and pus.Additionally, administration of drugs based herbal extracts are not lead to addiction.
In those cases where symptomatic treatment does not bring the desired result, specialists prescribe surgical treatment.It is piercing inflamed paranasal sinuses and the removal of overgrown mucosa, because it is it prevents in most cases normal sinus ventilation.
This article is available exclusively in the educational purposes and is not research material or professional medical advice.
make an appointment to see a doctor
Contents: 1. Causes of ovarian cysts 2. Types disease 3. Symptoms of ovarian cysts 4. Possible complications 5. cyst rupt...
Contents: 1. Causes of thyroid cysts 2. Symptoms 3. Treatment 4. Folk remedies for thyroid cysts Cystthyroid - nodal ent...
Contents: 1. reasons 2. symptoms of cysts of the pineal gland 3. Diagnostics 4. cysts Treatment of pineal gland cyst of ...