1. Types and causes of the disease
2. nature of the course and symptoms of polyarthritis
3. Treatment of arthritis
polyarthritis - a joint disease, wherein insome of them going on inflammatory process.Polyarthritis be distinguished from monoarthritis, when only one joint is inflamed.Monoartrit and polyarthritis are united by one common name - arthritis.
Depending on the causes of the disease, identify the following types of arthritis:
1. Infection.Arises during or after suffering human infection, frequently manifests itself in patients with tuberculosis, brucellosis, gonorrhea, etc.Treatment of this type of arthritis should begin with treatment of the underlying disease.As practice shows, arthritis symptoms disappear after successful elimination of the disease provocateur.
2. Crystal (exchange) - arthritis, inherent in people with impaired metabolism.Accumulation of salt crystals in the articular cavity due to such violations of conduct
3. Posttraumatic.It occurs after a variety of injuries, bruises, fractures, dislocations, sprains.In post-traumatic arthritis mainly affects the large joints.Treatment of this type of arthritis - a task very difficult, in most cases, can not do without surgery.
4. Rheumatoid.The most frequently diagnosed, chronic, non-infectious polyarthritis, which feature the ability to hit the connective tissue, which often leads to the defeat of the internal organs.In order to avoid all sorts of complications, treatment of rheumatoid arthritis is important to start on time.
Causes of rheumatoid arthritis are not fully understood.It is believed that the occurrence of the disease is associated with a distorted immune response to certain triggers.So precipitating factor may be available for a long time in the body of latent infection, sore throat, colds, flu or just hypothermia.Trigger the development of rheumatoid arthritis can also change the overall immunity, for example, under the influence of strong emotions and stress.Some scientists say a genetic susceptibility to the disease.
depending on the form of the disease (chronic, sub-acute or acute), fever symptoms manifest themselves with different degrees of severity.
Common symptoms of arthritis of any kind - joint pain of varying intensity (most annoy the patient in the evening and in the morning), joint stiffness after a long immobility, violation of their functions, and eventually articular deformity.
Rheumatoid arthritis affects any joints, but most of all - the small joints of the hands and feet.It polyarthritis hands - it is the most common variety.Symptoms of arthritis of hands manifest themselves numbness, pain, tingling in the joints of both hands.
emergence of the first manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis is often associated with weather changes.For example, before the heavy rains man starts to notice minor swelling in the joints, as well as to feel slight pain, which eventually passes.When arthritis hand swelling appears in the wrist joints and interphalangeal joints of the hand.
further development of rheumatoid arthritis leads to increased pain in the joints, it begins to manifest itself, even when the person is at rest, especially at night.The patient becomes irritable, excessive sweating, loses weight, gets tired quickly, it does not have the appetite and body temperature from time to time slightly increased.
Meanwhile, in a joint irreversible changes: atrophy placed near the joints of patients with muscle, their weight decreases, change the tendons, joints deformed itself.
Externally polyarthritis arms and legs manifests itself distorted, deflected towards the phalanges.
Symptoms of arthritis in its traumatic and infectious origin virtually indistinguishable from classical symptomatic picture.When acute course of these types of diseases may strongly pronounced redness of the skin, fever, fever, severe limitation of joint mobility.
- in 90% of cases of chronic disease, cure it completely practically impossible.You can not say about the acute polyarthritis (the remaining 10% of cases), treatment is usually more successful than chronic.Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in its chronic form it is necessary to carry out courses, lifelong.
Conservative treatment of rheumatoid arthritis carried antirheumatic, as well as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory analgesic drugs.Their action is aimed at slowing the erosion of damaged joints, reducing inflammation and other symptoms of withdrawal arthritis (particularly pain).
Among such drugs:
In some cases, treatmentpolyarthritis held corticosteroids (often prednizolom), the dosage of which must be strictly observed.
People's treatment of rheumatoid arthritis is very popular, especially in the elderly.I must say that some of the good folk remedies to cope with the symptoms of arthritis.So, for example, arthritis of hands and feet have a good warming effect compresses and ointments of turpentine, bee venom, willow bark, chamomile flowers, marigold and buttercup.
Additional treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (as well as any other of its kind) is carried out with the help of physical therapy, physiotherapy and massages.
Conservative treatment of post-traumatic arthritis is only possible in the early stages of the disease.In other cases, surgical treatment of arthritis, which is arthroplasty - replacing his own person with an artificial joint.
Treatment of arthritis infectious nature is very important to start in a timely manner, otherwise it may be extremely severe joint damage.Infectious arthritis therapy is based on the intravenous administration of antibiotics.Surgical treatment of the arthritis type is used in cases where it is necessary to hold the joint drainage or in case of severe lesions of bone and cartilage.
based therapeutics exchange polyarthritis - special diets with a limited content of a particular type of salt.
This article is available exclusively in the educational purposes and is not research material or professional medical advice.
make an appointment to see a doctor
Contents: 1. Description 2. Symptoms of Legionnaires' disease 3. Treatment of Legionnaires' disease Legionnaires' disease - ...
Contents: 1. Causes and symptoms of Lyme disease 2. Diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease (borreliosis) 3. disease prevention ...
Contents: 1. The causes of Crohn's disease 2. symptoms 3. Diagnosis and treatment of Crohn's disease Crohn's disease - a chr...