Pyoderma is a purulent skin lesion, which appears due to the introduction of pyogenic microorganisms( cocci) into it. This disease is one of the most common lesions of human skin.
Pyoderma is primary( occurs when a healthy skin disease) and secondary( is a complication of certain diseases).
There are many microorganisms on human skin. Some of them are normal, some conditionally pathogenic flora. With a decrease in the protective functions of the skin, the products of the vital activity of these microorganisms cause a local reaction, which leads to the development of pyoderma.
There are certain factors that provoke the development of this disease:
Depending on the pathogen
The causative agents of staphylodermia are staphylococci. This type of pyoderma is characterized by eruptions in the area of hair follicles, sweat glands and sebaceous glands. Symptoms of pyoderma of this type is the formation of hemispherical or conical abscesses with thick walls, the center of which is often permeated with hair. Out of the ulcers, green-yellow thick pus is secreted. There are the following varieties of staphyloderma.
1. Ostiophalliculitis. Small follicular rashes of pustules( vesicles with pus) with purulent head are localized on the face, hands, trunk, legs. After 4-5 days, the pustules turn into crusts, which, falling off, do not leave scars.
2. Folliculitis. With this form of pyoderma, the hair follicle itself becomes inflamed. Pustules with greenish-yellow contents are formed on the forearms, hips, the back surface of the hands. Pustula peels in a week, forming a yellowish crust.
3. Folliculitis deep. Symptom of pyoderma of this species is the soreness of the rashes. Eruptions have the appearance of pustules about 1.5 cm in diameter. With a widespread spread of rashes, the patient's general condition worsens.
4. Folliculitis superficial. It is characterized by pustules containing greenish-yellow pus. In the areas of rashes there is mild pain, which disappears after the dissection of abscesses. But the general state of man remains satisfactory.
5. Epidemic pemphigus of newborns. Pyoderma, which affects the newborn in the first week of life. The entire surface of the skin, apart from the palms and soles of the feet, is affected by multiple bubbles of different sizes. Over time, the bubbles dry up, forming a thin crust. There are cases of severe disease leading to death.
6.Sychosis vulgar. Pyoderma, which most often affects men. There is a lesion of the hair follicles in the area of the mustache, beard, sometimes, the pubic area.
7. Furuncle. This type of deep pyoderma is characterized by purulent and necrotic inflammation of the hair follicle and tissues surrounding it. Frequent places of localization of furuncles are cheeks, nose, shoulders, neck, buttocks and hips. With multiple boils, the overall condition of the patient worsens significantly.
8. Hydradenite. A kind of pyoderma, which is a severe purulent inflammation of sweat glands under the armpits or in the groin. It is caused by staphylococci, which through the microtraumas of the skin enter the sweat gland. The disease is accompanied by malaise, pain syndrome, feverish condition.
9. Carbuncle. Pyoderma is formed when purulent, necrotic inflammation of several hair follicles simultaneously. In this case, cells accumulate in the cells with an admixture of lymph and blood. The patient has a serious condition, caused by severe intoxication of the body.
streptococci are the causative agents of streptoderma. Most often, the disease occurs in children and women. There are the following varieties of pyoderma of this species.
1.Impetigo streptococcal. It is a superficial nefollikulyarnoe vesicular formation, which is filled with purulent-serous contents. Most often affects the person's face.
2. Ecthima vulgar. Deep ulcerative form of pyoderma, which heals for quite some time.
3. Simple facial hair. The disease is an atypical form of pyoderma. Often occurs in children's groups.
4.Rozha. The main symptom of pyoderma of this species is the surface nature of the process and the bright demarcation of the marginal zone.
5. Dry streptoderma. This disease is typical for children and adolescents. Symptoms of pyoderma are the formation of one or more reddish-pink spots, covered with mucous small scales. Localized rashes usually on the skin of the extensor surfaces of the extremities.
The choice of method for treating pyoderma depends on the type of disease, its severity, extent of spread.
It should be remembered that in the acute period of the disease, contact with the water of the affected skin area is highly undesirable. The skin around the lesion is treated with disinfectants and alcohol solutions of aniline dyes.
With prolonged or chronic nature of the disease, attaching signs of intoxication in the treatment of pyoderma use antibacterial therapy. For the correct choice of an antibiotic, the causative agent of the disease is determined in scrapings or separated rashes.
The immunity of the patient is of great importance in the treatment of pyoderma. To do this, he is prescribed immunostimulants, complexes of vitamins.
In local treatment of pyoderma, aseptic solutions( furacilin, boric acid solution), creams and ointments with ichthyol, tomicide are used.
Pyoderma of the face is called a mysterious disease. Basically, it affects only young women. At the same time it appears suddenly and very quickly develops.
In most cases, the pyoderma of the face of the rash is localized on the chin, temples, forehead. Very rarely, the rash appears on other parts of the body.
The first symptom of facial pyoderma is a strong reddening and swelling of the affected skin. After 2-3 days in the area of lesions, there are accumulations of abscesses. The affected area of the face is clearly separated from the healthy skin. Rashes give the patient a palpable discomfort. The woman's general state of health worsens, appetite disappears, apathy appears, insomnia. The duration of the disease can range from one to twelve months. At the same laboratory parameters of the blood test are not changed.
Most often in the treatment of pyoderma, people use steroid( anti-inflammatory hormonal) drugs.
1. Species and symptoms of pyoderma
2. Treatment of
disease 3. Pyoderma of face
This article is only for educational purposes and is not a scientific material or a professional medical advice.
Schedule an appointment with a doctor
Contents: 1. reasons ventriculomegaly 2. types 3. Diagnostics 4. Treatment ventriculomegaly ventriculomegaly - pathologi...
Contents: 1. Signs vesiculitis 2. Diagnosis and treatment vesiculitis vesicles - an inflammatory disease of the seminal vesicle....
Contents: 1. risk group 2. types IRR 3. Causes 4. symptoms VSD 5. Treatment IRR dystonia is a failure of the autono...