1. Causes of urinary incontinence in men
2. Diagnosis of the disease
3. Treatment of urinary incontinence in men
Incontinence, or urinary incontinence in men -it is a disease in which there is an effort of uncontrolled outflow of urine mochetochnym channels.
Despite the fact that the uncontrolled outflow of urine in men is not a life-threatening disease, it often leads to severe psycho-emotional disorders, and sometimes to social disadaptative.A man with such a disease practically can not work properly, because this state is accompanied by an unpleasant odor, the need to use diapers or pads.In severe form of the disease a person can not even leave the house for a while.
According to statistics from the disease is subject to 6.5% of men younger than 65y.o..The cause arbitrary urination in men is often the prostate adenoma, surgeries on the organs involved in the process of urination.If we look at the prevalence of the disease among the world's population, it may be noted t
Symptoms of this disease is quite obvious and is manifested in the form of uncontrolled leaking of urine.
As a rule, the reasons for urinary incontinence in men are multifactorial.The causes of uncontrolled urination in men include the following factors:
- lower urinary tract dysfunction;
- violation of the control of the central or peripheral nervous system, which leads to a change in pelvic organ functions;
- neurogenic disorders, in particular multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, cerebrovascular disorders, diabetes, birth defects of the spinal cord and the development of Parkinson's disease.
No less common causes of uncontrolled urination in men are considered to be acquired by a variety of conditions that can lead to a change in the anatomical relationships, or the sensitivity of the urethra and bladder and other pelvic organs.Among these acquired states can be called effects of radiation therapy, prostate surgery, brain or spinal cord injury, leading to the loss of control of bladder activity.
The reasons random efflux of urine in men may vary depending on the type of incontinence.For example, Urge incontinence may be caused by hyperactivity or detrusor hyperreflexia.In this form of the disease can be observed and bedwetting in men.
Stress incontinence occurs due to insufficient sphincter mechanism, does not prevent the formation of excessive intravesical pressure.
Bedwetting in men leads to sleep disorders, exhaustion and depletion of the body's physical and mental forces of the body.Modern medical techniques make it possible to cure bedwetting quickly and effectively in men.The main thing in this case correctly identify the cause of the disease and assign a timely and correct treatment.will not be able to do without medical care.
main objective diagnostic measures is objective evidence that the presence of incontinence, detailing his symptoms, determining the type of disease and the identification of factors contributing to the development of these pathological processes.
primarily identify factors urination disorders, ie, the presence of pain during urination, weak stream, incomplete emptying, intermittent urination.May occur and visual change of urine.
further reveal the presence of other urological diseases such as sexual disorders, hormonal dysfunction, and stone disease.
For detection of the disease is carried out the following studies:
Sometimes, the patient should keep a diary of urination.
Most often spend drug treatment of urinary incontinence in men.But also apply physiotherapy techniques, including bladder training, in which the formed conditioned reflex control over impulses and set the rhythm forced urination.In some cases, the urine retention is achieved by the special training equipment.
treatment of stress urinary generally requires surgical intervention, carried it in three ways:
In some cases, prescribe behavioral treatment of uncontrolled urination in men.To do this, the patient must change their way of life and the water regime.The limit fluid intake at certain times during the day.Prescribe exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles.Kegel Exercise develops the pelvic floor muscles, through which urine can be retained in the bladder.
During medication prescribed different medicines for incontinence in men, acting in different ways on the bladder.
Some medications for incontinence in men can stop random urine by blocking the wrong signals to the nerve, responsible for bladder contraction.Other Medications slow urine.Use these drugs and an arbitrary outflow of urine in men, which reduce or relax the prostate bladder.
Consider the basic medication drugs, contributing to the normalization of urination.
1. Alpha-blockers, which include terazosin (Setegis, Gitrin) Doxazosin (Doxazosin Vero, Zokson, Kardura, Kardyura, Tonokardin), alfuzosin (Dalfaz) and Tamsulosin (hypersimple Omnic Okas, Tamsulon-FSOmsulozin).Preparations of this group are used for the treatment of urinary incontinence caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia and bladder neck obstruction.
2. blockers 5-alpha reductase: Dutasteride (Avodart) and finasteride (Penester, Prosterid, Finasta).They inhibit the production of dihydrotestosterone, which causes benign prostatic hyperplasia.
3. Imipramine: Apo-Imipramine, Tofranil, Depsona, Priloygan.It is a tricyclic antidepressant, relaxing muscles and block nerve impulses, spazmiruyutsya bladder.
4. antispasmodics: darifenacin (Enableks), propantheline (Pro-Buntin), oxybutynin (Driptan), tolterodine (Detrol the LA, Detruzitol).
This article is available exclusively in the educational purposes and is not research material or professional medical advice.
make an appointment to see a doctor
Contents: 1. Causes of epilepsy 2. Symptoms of epilepsy 3. features of the disease in children 4. Treatment of diseases ...
Contents: 1. Causes 2. Acute epididymitis 3. Chronic epididymitis epididymitis - a disease that is caused by inflammation of...
Contents: 1. Types and causes of the disease 2. Symptoms and treatment of jock itch 3. Symptoms and treatment of athlete's foot ...