1. Causes of urinary incontinence after childbirth
2. Types of Incontinence
4. treatment of urinary incontinence after childbirth
urinary incontinence after childbirth - a relatively common disorder of urination associated with changes in anatomy between the pelvic organs (bladder, uterus, urethra, rectum) and failure in the functionality of the pelvic floor muscles.Lasts such violations are from several days to several months
Throughout pregnancy your pelvic floor muscles are experiencing an ever-increasing workload.During childbirth, they are also involved in the formation of the birth canal.During the promotion of the fetus through the birth canal of the pelvic floor muscles are compressed, thus violated innervation and blood circulation in them.Features of damage of the muscle groups promote: a large fruit with a narrow pelvis of mother, fetus vacuum extraction, traumatic childbirth with forceps, epis
In addition, the possible causes urination disorders in recent childbirth could be:
- hormonal disorders;
- hereditary predisposition;
- urogenital infections;
- woman transferred operations on the pelvic organs with past damage or violation of the innervation of the pelvic floor muscles;
are several types of urinary incontinence, among them:
- a stress incontinence - loss of bladder control when laughing, coughing or sneezing.This type of urination is the most common pathology after childbirth;
- reflex incontinence - leakage of urine due to external irritants (the sound of running water, the unexpected loud noises, etc.);
- mandatory incontinence - uncontrollable leakage of urine that occurs when the urge to urinate;
- incontinence overflowing bladder;
- uncontrolled leakage of urine - urinary celebrated throughout the day, regardless of external factors, urge to urinate or a full bladder.
incontinence after childbirth is engaged urologist.
extremely important when visiting a doctor after giving birth does not gloss over the existing problems and not to neglect a situation.Early diagnosis - the key to successful treatment of this pathology postpartum.
During the examination of the patient on the gynecological chair doctor takes swabs from the urethra and vagina, as well as conducting a so-called "trial of the cough" - asks the woman to cough and observes whether leakage of urine is noted.
then offer the patient for two days to keep a diary in which you want to record the number of uncontrolled urination, their causes and intensity.Such information is necessary for full diagnosis of the urologist.
Additionally the patient is prescribed a set of surveys, including: laboratory diagnostics (clinical urine and blood analysis), cystoscopy, renal ultrasound and pelvic organs, urodynamic studies.
in turn to the urodynamic studies include:
- cystometry.We investigate the relationship between bladder volume and pressure generated in it.These studies help to assess the muscular wall of the ability to stretch, its contractile ability and degree of control of the central nervous system of the act of urination;
- profilometry - measurement of pressure in the urethra;
- uroflowmetry - measuring the amount of urine emitted per unit of time.
After conducting all the necessary research and diagnosis, the decision about how to treat urination disorders.
method of treatment of this disease depends on its causes and types, and related diseases.Quite often the treatment of urinary incontinence after childbirth conservative, ie does not require surgery.Conservative strategy includes a complex of physical exercises aimed at training and strengthening the muscles of the bladder and pelvic floor.
training of the pelvic floor muscles includes Kegel exercises (designed to work the muscles around the bladder and rectum) and classes vumbildingom (exercise vaginal muscles).
For training the bladder muscle is a doctor for the patient's particular schedule urination.Thus, in a patient suffering from this postnatal pathology, produced a certain habit of emptying your bladder even with a slight filling it.Over time, increased voiding intervals up to 3 hours or more.
effectively combine exercise with physiotherapy.On the results of conservative treatment is judged one year after childbirth.
In conjunction with the above-described methods of the patient may be prescribed medicines help strengthen the vascular wall and improves blood circulation, vitamins and sedatives.
If conservative treatment does not bring the desired result, the patient suggest surgery.For surgical correction of urinary incontinence after childbirth often resorted to "loop" operation or operations with the introduction of the gel.Both treatments are minimally invasive.
This article is available exclusively in the educational purposes and is not research material or professional medical advice.
make an appointment to see a doctor
Contents: 1. General characteristics of the disease 2. Symptoms of esophageal achalasia in children and adults 3. stages of the d...
Contents: 1. Causes and symptoms of canker sores 2. Chronic recurrent aphthous stomatitis 3. aphthous stomatitis in children 4...
Contents: 1. The main types of African sleeping sickness 2. clinic disease 3. symptoms of sleeping sickness 4. Treatment and ...