1. Causes Impotence
3. Diagnostics dysfunction
4. treat impotence
Impotence or erectile dysfunction - isa term which denotes a prolonged inability to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for satisfying sexual activity.
Erectile dysfunction causes chronic stress causes depression, affects the self-esteem and seriously impairs the quality of life.This sensitive issue touched upon by various sources from 110 to 150 million men, but the numbers may be much higher because not every representative of a strong half of humanity can admit to himself that he needs in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.According to urologist for impotence affects about 5% of men older than 40 years and about 20% of the sixties.But this does not mean that the dysfunction in old age is inevitable, impotence treatment possible at any age.
As featured impotence is divided into psychological and organic.
The causes of psychological impotence include prolonged
organic erectile dysfunction occurs as a symptom of various pathological conditions:
- Hormonal disorders.The causes of impotence can be an inherent reduction in the secretion of male sex hormones (hypogonadism), disorders of the reproductive system, pituitary tumor, testicular injury, as well as androgen deficiency as a consequence of diabetes, adrenal or thyroid disease.When it comes to hormonal disorders, impotence - a sign is not only a man can manifest obesity of female type, or even slowing down hair growth.
- Neurological disorders.Impotence may be accompanied by diseases such as Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, as a violation of the conductivity of nerve fibers can cause erectile dysfunction.And not the last role is played here by bad habits - smoking and alcohol in excessive doses, too, over time, lead to damage to the peripheral nervous system.
- Side effects of drugs.Erection can weaken the antihypertensive, antihistamines, narcotic drugs, chemotherapy drugs.As taking the drugs, the symptoms of impotence are amplified.
- Injuries and inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system, including sexually transmitted.
- Violations of the outflow of blood.Such diseases of the cardiovascular system such as atherosclerosis, hypertension and diabetes cause vascular changes that impede blood flow to the penis, making it impossible to achieve or retain an erection.
Symptoms Many men even once experienced a failure in the sexual sphere begin to suspect at his impotence, and folk remedies in this case, the first to come into play.But the fact that the man was unable to perform sexual intercourse once more does not talk about impotence.This sign of impotence - a stable dysfunction that is observed for three months and manifests itself depending on its type.
psychogenic erectile dysfunction begins suddenly, but may suddenly withdraw.But the main feature of psychogenic impotence - it's a normal night and morning erections, as well as maintaining the voltage of the penis during intercourse.After removing the outer problem erection is restored.
organic dysfunction comes gradually and with time progresses, depriving a man of spontaneous night and morning erections, and the libido and ejaculation may remain normal.When the voltage of the organic impotence penis can disappear during intercourse.
For successful treatment of impotence is important to pinpoint the cause of the violation.In modern diagnostics for this purpose a number of methods:
- Ultrasonography.Ultrasound allows to study blood flow in the cavernous bodies of the reproductive organs, reveal signs of scarring of the blood vessels, atherosclerosis and other changes.The study is conducted in two stages - a quiet neeregirovannom state and after the introduction of the hormone stimulator.
- Testing bulbokavernoznogo reflex.The pressing penis normally causes a reduction in the anus.If you have diabetes or nerve damage weakens this reflex.During the study, the physician watches or palpates the anal sphincter.
- Tests of nocturnal erections.During REM sleep a healthy man feels an erection unless you have problems with blood circulation or innervation.The physician can record nocturnal erection using a special sensor to be attached to the penis.
- Bioteziometriya.The test to determine the sensitivity and innervation of the penis.decrease in sensitivity may signal neuropathy, diabetes, but it could be a sign of aging.
impotence treatment erectile dysfunction is entirely dependent on the reasons that caused it.If the problem appears on the background of atherosclerosis, diabetes, pituitary tumors or infectious diseases, the treatment of impotence is to eliminate the source.
If the causes of a psychological nature, even for treatment need to consult a therapist.
There are specific treatments for erectile dysfunction:
- Vacuum devices.The device creates a negative pressure which causes an erection sufficient for a sexual intercourse.The method is also suitable for home use, but has a number of contraindications, which should be discussed with your doctor.
- intracavernosal injection.The method leads to a persistent erection, but it is fraught with complications such as the hardening of the penile tissues, and where the injection is administered before sexual contact.The alternative - injection into the urethra, but the cost of drugs is so high, and the procedure itself is so inconvenient that not every man will agree to it.
- Medication.Assigned individually and depends on the evidence.In addition to the treatment your doctor may prescribe tonics, as well as a means of enhancing the blood circulation in the penile blood vessels.It is not excluded, and folk remedies for impotence - tincture of ginseng, Eleutherococcus.But abusing drugs such as Viagra, Cialis, Levitra is not recommended, because they do not affect the very cause of erectile dysfunction.
- Surgical treatment.Statement of the prosthesis and the restoration of blood supply to the corpora cavernosa of the penis - it's extreme measures, which are applied only in the most neglected situations and do not serve as a complete substitute for potency.
This article is available exclusively in the educational purposes and is not research material or professional medical advice.
make an appointment to see a doctor
Neuritis of the trigeminal nerve is an inflammatory process that seizes the nerve and myelin sheath( the nerve fiber membrane).The triadic nerve b...
Mesothelioma is a malignant tumor that affects the tissue lining the abdominal cavity, heart, thorax. This tissue is called mesothelium, hence the...
Lordosis is the physiological curvature of the two parts of the spine, the lumbar and cervical spine. Such changes occur in the child's body even ...