1. Causes of benign prostatic hyperplasia
3. course and stage of the disease
4. treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a benign tumor that forms when tissue growth periurethral prostate gland.This is one of the most common urogenital diseases and one of the most common diseases in older age in men.
In benign prostatic hyperplasia due to its increase in the urethra is squeezed, it provokes violation of the outflow of urine from the bladder.As a result, voiding process is the stagnation of urine, which leads to development of urolithiasis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, and other related diseases.
itself, prostate enlargement is not accompanied by painful sensations, and usually not felt by the patient.Disadvantages deliver the problems associated with the difficulty urinating, and it usually causes patients to consult a doctor.
most often benign prostatic hyperplasia develops in men aged 40-50 years.According to statisti
causes of the disease to date is uncertain.Possible factors causing the development of benign prostatic hyperplasia, emit primarily, age, and hormonal disorders.They also include some diseases, such as atherosclerosis, obesity, passive lifestyle, stress, unfavorable environmental conditions.
is known that BPH is an age-related diseases, which depends on the presence in the body of male sex hormones - androgens.The aging process is accompanied by a disturbance in the male physiological balance between androgens and estrogens, which disrupts the functioning and control of the growth of prostate cells.
Thus there is no reliable data on the relationship between the development of benign prostatic hyperplasia and sexual activity, addictions, sexual orientation, migrated inflammatory and sexually transmitted diseases genital organs.
Symptoms Benign prostatic hyperplasia manifested urinary disorders, a complex which is called lower urinary tract symptoms.
filling symptoms or irritation characterized by a disorder of the neuromuscular apparatus of the bladder.These include frequent urination during the day and at night, urgent urination sudden.
symptoms of discharge or obstruction is characterized by a narrowing of the urethra while squeezing her enlarged prostate and muscle spasm.These include the delay and difficulty urinating, the need to strain the abdominal wall to start urination, a weak urine stream, intermittent stream of urine excretion drops at the end of urination, feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder.
direct relationship between the size of the prostate adenoma and severity of these symptoms does not exist.Their expression is also dependent on the direction of growth of the tumor.Thus, by increasing the average size of the posterior group gland adenoma overhangs the urethra of the valve and can cause retention of urine.While a large degree, is growing from the side of the periurethral glands back towards the rectum, can not manifest itself outward symptoms.
disease clinical course of benign prostatic hyperplasia takes place in three stages:
- Stage 1 - compensated.At this stage, frequent urination, especially at night.In this manifest delay the onset of urination.The stream of urine becomes sluggish, the process becomes more difficult.This stage is characterized slight enlargement of the prostate.renal function is not impaired, the bladder is emptied completely.The first stage lasts from 1 to 3 years, sometimes it can take up to 12 years.
- Stage 2 - subcompensated.At this stage, due to the greater compression of the urethra, the bladder can not operate normally.There is a feeling of incomplete emptying of it, frequent urge to urinate in the night and in the daytime.At the same time the bladder wall thickening, patients have to strongly push during urination.The volume of residual urine in the bladder is 100-200 ml, symptoms of chronic kidney disease develop such as dry mouth, feeling of thirst, etc.
- Stage 3 - decompensated.At this stage of development of benign prostatic hyperplasia is a significant increase in the amount of residual urine (2 liters), which leads to stretching of the bladder.Urine dropwise occurs, it may be muddy and blood impurities.During the night, and then in the daytime urine is released periodically or continuously, drops.Due to the deterioration of the outflow of urine from the kidneys to develop kidney failure, which is accompanied by the following symptoms: weakness, weight loss, dry mouth, nausea, constipation.Without proper treatment, death occurs from uremia patient.
There are many methods of treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.They can be divided into three main groups: drug, non-surgical and surgical treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
first symptoms of BPH are the appointment of medical treatment.To do this, appoint special preparations designed to improve blood circulation in the pelvic organs, slow the growth of prostate adenoma and eliminate urinary tract infections.In addition, patients are given advice on healthy lifestyles.In some cases, with explicit clinical and laboratory symptoms of androgen deficiency, androgen replacement therapy is prescribed.
In severe cases, the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia surgical technique is used, which consists in excision of the adenoma - adenomoektomiyu.There are several types of operations, from which the most appropriate in each individual case determined by the physician.
Non-operational treatment methods designed to facilitate the process of urination and block the development of BPH.These include, for example, cryosurgery, thermotherapy, focused ultrasound of high intensity, balloon dilatation of the prostate, it is an extension of the narrowed area by inflating a balloon inserted into the urethra, and others.
This article is available exclusively in the educational purposes and is not research material or professional medical advice.
make an appointment to see a doctor
Contents: 1. Causes of glaucoma 2. Symptoms 3. Glaucoma treatment 4. Traditional methods of treating a disease Glaucoma ...
Contents: 1. Types and causes of the disease 2. Symptoms of hypothyroidism 3. treatment of hypothyroidism thyroid Hypothyroi...
Contents: 1. Causes 2. Symptoms hypopituitarism 3. Diagnostics 4. Treatment of hypopituitarism hypopituitarism - a disea...