1. types hyperlipidemia
4. treatment of hyperlipidemia
Hyperlipidemia - is a diagnostic syndromecharacterized by an abnormally high content of lipids or lipoproteins in the blood.By itself, the syndrome - a phenomenon quite common and occurs mainly asymptomatic.Yet hyperlipidemia is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease, especially atherosclerosis and needs to be controlled, and correction treatment.
Classification of hyperlipidemia type was designed by Donald Frediksonom in 1965 and was adopted by the World Health Organization as an international standard.It is still used today.According to the classification Frediksona, there are five types of hyperlipidemia.
- Type I. It is a rare type of hyperlipidemia, developed with lipoprotein lipase deficiency or defect in the protein activator of lipoprotein lipase.With this type of disease increased levels of chylomicrons (lipoproteins that carry lipids from the intestine to th
- Type II.A common type of hyperlipidemia in which increased levels of low-density lipoprotein.Divided into two types depending on the availability of high triglycerides, which are the treatment require additional destination gemfibrozil.Hyperlipidemia this type leads to the development of atherosclerosis after 20-30 years and can cause a heart attack in children aged 40-50 in males and 55-60 years in females.
- Type III.Type of hyperlipidemia, which is also called dis-beta lipoproteineniey.The disease is characterized by hereditary factors, and is associated with a defect of apolipoprotein E, as well as characterized by increased levels of high density lipoproteins.Carriers hyperlipidemia are prone to obesity, gout, mild form of diabetes and are at risk for atherosclerosis.
- Type IV.Type of hyperlipidemia, which is characterized by an increased concentration of triglycerides.Their level rises after ingestion of carbohydrates and alcohol.Against this background, the syndrome can develop atherosclerosis, obesity, diabetes and pancreatitis.
- Type V. hyperlipidemia type, similar to the first, but unlike it increases not only the level of chylomicrons, and VLDL.Therefore, as in the case of the first type, the fat content in the blood after administration jumps fat and carbohydrate foods.Hyperlipidemia this type of development is fraught with severe pancreatitis that develops in patients receiving too much fatty food.
In addition to this classification, there are two types of hyperlipidemia - hypo-alpha-lipoproteinemia and hypo-beta lipoproteinemia.
Hyperlipidemia occurs mostly asymptomatic and often detected in the general biochemical analysis of blood.Preventive analysis on cholesterol levels should be carried out from 20 years of age at least once in five years.Sometimes hyperlipidemia in tendons and skin of the patient's body fat formation, called xanthomas.Pathological symptoms can be an enlarged liver and spleen, as well as signs of pancreatitis.
lipid levels in the blood depends on a number of factors, which include the presence of saturated fatty acids and cholesterol in the diet, body weight, physical activity level, age, diabetes, heredity, medication, violationsblood pressure, kidney and thyroid, smoking and alcohol intake.
Depending on the type of hyperlipidemia can be assigned to either diet alone, with an increase in physical activity, or a particular combination of drugs, the choice of which can be performed only by the attending physician.hyperlipidemia treatment is almost always accompanied by a diet low in fat and control of lipid levels in the blood.To reduce the level of cholesterol and triglycerides is assigned to physical therapy course, aimed at weight reduction.On the patient's state of health is good affects the elimination of bad habits, and therapeutic cleansing process.
hyperlipidemia Treatment may include statins, which lower cholesterol levels, and by which cholesterol is not deposited in the liver.Additionally, fibrates may be appointed and cholagogue preparations.In the treatment of hyperlipidemia is well established vitamin B5.
This article is available exclusively in the educational purposes and is not research material or professional medical advice.
make an appointment to see a doctor
Contents: 1. symptoms of persecution mania 2. causes of disorders 3. course of the disease 4. Treatment of diseases 5. da...
Contents: 1. Causes of manic-depressive psychosis 2. symptoms 3. treatment of manic-depressive psychosis Manic-depressive ...
Contents: 1. Causes 2. Symptoms of malaria 3. Treatment of malaria 4. Preventive measures There are several names of mal...