2. symptoms of aphasia
3. Varieties disease
4. speech recovery in aphasia
Aphasia - atotal or partial loss of the ability to speak normally, which occurs in people with already formed speech due to damage parts of the brain responsible for it.This is one of the most difficult forms of speech pathology.Reduction of speech in aphasia engaged in speech therapy, neuropsychology and psycholinguistics.
centers associated with the formation and development of speech, located in the frontal, parietal, occipital and temporal lobes of the cerebral cortex.Damage to these areas, scientists, and is associated with the development of different forms of aphasia.It may occur as a result of the brain injury, inflammation, tumor development, disease or cerebral circulation disorders.The nature of damage to leaves its mark on the manifestations of aphasia.
forms of aphasia is clearly related to the causes that caused the disease.For example
If the cause of aphasia was the brain injury, the first manifested common speech disorder.When reverse recovery after the speech aphasia symptoms depend on the location of the lesion and the nature of injuries.When
form of aphasia brain tumors appear already in the late stages of the disease, when there is compression of the brain.And speech is increasing faster in malignant tumors disorder than in benign.Depending on the stage of the disease forms of aphasia can develop differentiated from a total.
aphasia patients can manifest as verbal and non-verbal signs:
- Neurological symptoms.Sensory disturbances, tactile, auditory and visual impairment recognition.If it affects the occipital cortex aphasia patient can not recognize or understand the subject of the picture as a whole, due to violation of spatial perception can be observed mirror writing.With the defeat of the temporal divisions broken speech understanding, sometimes the patient does not recognize even familiar sounds.
- Movement Disorders.In patients with aphasia often manifest disorder of voluntary movement.They are difficult to reproduce writing letters violated voluntary movement of the lips and tongue, they are confused and replace sounds.
- Psychological disorders.Although in general the different forms of aphasia patient behaves adequately, it may be a disorder of mental activity, impaired memory and attention.Intellectual ability to remain intact, but suffers from a speech mechanism for the implementation of intellectual activity.
- Speech disorders.Aphasia - a systemic disorder of speech, which may include speech emboli (the repetition of the same words or phrases), perseveration (compulsive repetition of elements of speech), paraphasia (the use of some words and sounds instead of the other), paragraph (replacement of the words in the letter) paraleksii (exchange words while reading) and contamination (mixing elements of two or more words).
In terms of clinical presentation, symptoms of aphasia are divided into negative and positive.Negative forms show abnormal brain activity, positive as saying that it can be restored.
disease in patients with aphasia speech disorder can take many forms, the manifestation of which depends on the location and extent of brain damage:
- motor aphasia, or Broca's aphasia.Speech disorder that occurs in lesions of the motor speech center, also called Broca's area.Aphasia patient begins to be expressed in telegraphic style, hardly changes from one word to another, one replaces the other sounds, demonstrates gross violations of reading and writing.
- Dynamic aphasia.In this form of aphasia patient can not build an internal program statements.This phenomenon is called the collapse of the inner speech, it occurs due to destruction of the prefrontal region of the left hemisphere in right-handers.
- Afferent motor aphasia.The disease - loss of central and posterior-parietal cortical areas.In a speech, this is reflected by the fact that the patient does not distinguish aphasia similar in articulation sounds like french kardofel.In motor aphasia confuses people articulating feelings.
- sensory aphasia or receptive aphasia.In this form of the disease there is a violation of the sound structure of words.
- Acoustic gnostic aphasia.Variety violation when the patient loses the ability to interpret the speech sounds.
- Acoustic-amnestic aphasia.The patient has narrowed the scope verbal memory, he is unable to keep in mind the whole complex oral-aural information.
- Optical-amnestic aphasia.A variation of the disease, in which the patient impaired visual memory, and he feels a weakness in the creation of visual images of words.
- amnestic aphasia.The disease is associated with damage to the parietal-temporal area and causes difficulty in naming objects.Sick of this form of aphasia knows their purpose, but forget the name.
- nominal aphasia.Similar to amnesic and is also linked to the difficulty in naming objects, but is a symptom of Alzheimer's disease.
- semantic aphasia.Associated with defects simultaneous analysis and synthesis of speech.The patient loses the ability to understand complex logical-grammatical constructions.
only two forms of aphasia are applied in a simplified classification - motor and sensory.Under motor aphasia refers to a condition where the patient understands the spoken language, but can not say the words and phrases.Fully aware of the speech uttered by others, the patient hardly uses prepositions and articles, confused at times and cases.
In motor aphasia, the patient is difficult to switch from words on a word, and even with the syllable to syllable, as his speech patterns become inert.It is increasingly difficult to search for the right words, and even their synonyms.In motor aphasia patients with difficult to pronounce the phrases connected, keeping the meaning of the utterance.
Under sensory aphasia refers to a condition where the patient does not understand it, but it can pronounce words and phrases.About him say that he is experiencing deafness on speech.Sick sensory aphasia is really no distinction between the sound structure of words.And then at the correct repetition of words arises the phenomenon of "alienation meaning of the word."Sensory aphasia - a rather strange condition in which the mother tongue sounds like a foreign language.It thus becomes meaningless.Although sensory aphasia does not interfere perform monosyllabic words and commands.
success of treatment depends on the preservation and restoration of brain functions.For example, after the ischemic attack or minor stroke when blood flow to the brain is restored after a short break, aphasia goes without treatment.Speech Recovery aphasia in this case, may come within a few hours or days.Unfortunately, in most situations it is not a quick and complete.If symptoms persist disorders, for the restoration of speech speech therapy techniques applied in aphasia, which often require long-term treatment.
This article is available exclusively in the educational purposes and is not research material or professional medical advice.
make an appointment to see a doctor
Contents: 1. reasons osteogenesis imperfecta 2. symptoms 3. Treatment of diseases Osteogenesis imperfecta is a rare disease ...
Contents: 1. development mechanism and causes of diabetes insipidus 2. symptoms 3. diabetes insipidus in children 4. disease ...
Contents: 1. reasons nervous tic 2. The main types of the disease 3. Diagnosis and treatment of nervous tic tic - abrupt, su...