Many notice the blood when brushing your teeth and do not attach any special significance.But the appearance of blood on the brush lead not only to poor oral hygiene or improperly fitted dentures.Bleeding gums can be a symptom of gingivitis, periodontitis, periodontal disease.
When gums bleed, it's pretty unpleasant.First, there are traces of blood on the toothbrush and biting and chewing solid food, then the gums are swollen and sore with a light touch to them, there is bad breath.If at this moment does not begin treatment, the inflammatory process can go into serious disease.
reasons for bleeding gums
- Violation oral hygiene causing plaque formation on teeth, which eventually hardens and turns into hard tartar.And it can not remove the mouthwash or toothbrush, it is firmly connected to the tooth, it gets under the gum, annoying her, causing inflammation and damaging the capillaries.Plaque is a breeding ground for germs, including those causing caries.
- Weakened immune system - this is one of the
main causes of bleeding gums.Organism reduces resistance viruses and bacteria, resulting in gingivitis begins.Factors that reduce immunity are frequent stress, chronic disease, unbalanced diet, beriberi.
- Lack of vitamin C causes such diseases as scurvy.It manifests itself in swelling and bleeding gums and even loosening and loss of teeth due to the weakening of the connective tissue.
- often bleeding gums in older people.They are changes in the tissue - gums become loose, sensitive and easily injured removable dentures.
- Pregnancy causes hormonal changes in the body and the restructuring of metabolism.This causes the development of bacteria in the oral hygiene and non-observance of developing gingivitis - inflammation of the gums.
- diabetes can be complicated diseases of the oral cavity, due to which and bleeding gums.They occur on the background of elevated blood glucose.Mucous mouth becomes dry, causing injury to the gums.
- Incorrectly cleaning the teeth, for example by using a brush with stiff bristles or toothpaste for whitening with abrasive particles, there may be injuries.In addition, the mucosa of the gums can be injured properly fitted dentures or improperly installed seal.
- Smoking (chewing tobacco) refers to chemical stimuli oral, long-term smoking and bleeding gums may begin nicotine stomatitis.
Prevention of bleeding gums
For proper oral health is important to observe the following rules:
- use a soft toothbrush;
- correctly choose toothpaste;
- rinse your mouth after a meal;
- balanced diet;
- stop smoking.
If you have bleeding gums, it is necessary to address urgently to the dentist.If the visit to the clinic is postponed, gum disease begins with time (gingivitis), which may progress to periodontitis, and periodontal disease, and they are threatened with the loss of teeth.