Scola, shcherbinki, stains and discoloration of one or more teeth - the worst enemies of the Hollywood smile.Modern dentistry offers a simple and painless solution to eliminate these shortcomings - veneers on the teeth.
term "Hollywood smile" appeared at the beginning of the XX century.To ensure that the actors of the American cinema snow-white smile, dentist Charles Pincus stuck thin ceramic plates on removable plastic caps, and the actors wore their specially for filming.
Many years later, the invention of Charles Pincus has been improved and became widespread among ordinary citizens.
types of veneers
Veneer - is the thinnest plate, which is installed on the front surface of the tooth to eliminate the external defects - chips, change in shape, color, etc.There are three types of veneers.
- Composite veneers.They are made of a composite filling material directly into the mouth.First tooth dissect (it is removed with a thin layer of enamel, equal to the thickness of the veneer), and then immediate
ly install the veneer.Serve composite veneers 5-7 years.
- Ceramic veneers.They are made of porcelain or zirconia in the laboratory from a cast of the patient tooth.Mounted ceramic veneers in two stages.First grinded teeth (enamel removed 0.5-0.7 mm), remove them from the mold and establish temporary veneers to the patient is not experiencing discomfort.Porcelain veneers are made from a few days to a week, then set on the teeth.Serve these veneers 10-15 years.
- Hollywood veneers (Lumineers).These are the same ceramic veneers, but their thickness does not exceed 0.3 mm.This teeth do not require grinding, Lumineers is set on top of the enamel.Before installing Hollywood veneers and dental impression is made.The service life of Lumineers - up to 20 years.
Indications and contraindications to install veneers
Indications for the installation of veneers:
- large gaps between the teeth;
- bending tooth form;
- spots on the surface or discoloration of the teeth (including "tetracycline teeth");
- fluorosis or "mottled teeth" (a disease that develops before the eruption of the teeth due to the frequent consumption of food or water with a high content of fluorine compounds);
- erosion and demineralization of enamel.
Contraindications to install veneers are direct or overbite, bruxism (teeth gnashing habit), significant defects of teeth (tooth severely weakened or lost most of it).
If you have tooth decay or gum disease, you should be treated before installing veneers.
plus installation veneers
- tooth veneers give the correct shape and healthy.
- on ceramic veneers never formed spots - they are not afraid of coffee, tea, tobacco and wine.
- rapid manufacturing and installation.
- not require special care - only the standard oral hygiene using a toothbrush, dental floss, and rinse.
Cons install veneers
- on composite veneers can form spots, they can change the color on the edges.
- enamel is removed from the tooth prior to installation, not restored.It must be removed each time the veneer.After complete removal of the veneer need further restoration of the tooth.
- porcelain veneers can break or peel off.If a small piece broken off, the veneer can be polished so that it was not noticeable, but if a large stone chip or veneer flaked off completely, it will be necessary to make a new one.
- high cost of porcelain veneers.
- When installing Lumineers teeth become thicker, which can cause discomfort and lead to accumulation of food at the gingival margin and the development of gingivitis.