Sensation of twitching of the century (or eyes in general) refers to a phenomenon called medical nervous tics, which in essence are small spontaneous spasmodic contraction of one or more muscle groups.
Why eye twitches
most common causes of twitching century (nervous tic) - is:
- stress or chronic nervous system over-voltage;
- severe emotional distress;
- least - borne diseases (viral, neuralgia, neurosis);
- postoperative conditions (traumatic brain injury, encephalitis, meningitis, stroke, optic neuritis, etc.).
This eye can start to twitch immediately or some time after the launching of the process to the background of the increased load on the nervous system (fatigue, lack of sleep, during prolonged work at a computer, trips with the change of time zones, etc.).
In any situation, it is necessary to understand that when the eye jerks - it means that your nervous system signals the presentation of her elevated and possibly inadequate requirements.
tic can be a one-time, transient state, but if
the eye twitches frequently and periodically, it requires greater attention and treatment to the neurologist, optometrist.
What if eye twitches occasionally
- first condition - try to sleep as much as possible, if possible - reduce the load, do often complete outages, try to avoid stressful situations.
- It is desirable to complete a course of herbal medicine, including the reception of soothing decoctions, infusions, tinctures and fitovann (such as valerian, motherwort, watch a three-sheeted, mint, sage, yarrow, etc.).Drink before going to sleep warm milk with honey.Fitovanny desirable to take just before bedtime, they are also useful to add a few drops of relaxing essential oil (lavender, cedar, geranium, rosemary, etc.).
- lot of good help to the systematic classes breathing exercises and exercise "palming": close your eyes covered with palms for centuries so that their center was located directly above the eyeballs, and sit so, leaning his elbows on the table, for 5-10 minutes.Exercise should be repeated 4-5 times a day.
- desirable to spend on drink a course of multivitamins with trace elements (including those containing magnesium, which helps to balance the excitability of nerve cells).
- In some cases, a good relaxing effect is given regular warm compresses to the eyes with a decoction of lemon balm, chamomile, St. John's wort, red clover, eyebright, Chickweed, green tea, tincture of sweet flag root, etc.