learn how plaque affects health, and how to create an individual program for the prevention of oral diseases, we talked to a dentist clinic "VIVA-DENT" Irina G. Zubkov.
- Irina G., tell us, what are the means for oral care, in addition to well-known toothbrush?
- First of all, it Scientifically speaking, interdental means, ie interdental.These include dental floss, brushes and irrigators.They are used for cleaning interdental spaces, in bridges, implants, and if a person wears braces.
By washing facilities are, of course, toothpastes (as a hygienic and therapeutic and prophylactic) and various elixirs, balms and conditioners for industrial production.Do not forget about the different decoctions and infusions of herbs, which can be made at home.
Finally, there is a special group of funds, which are intended for the care of the dorsal surface of the tongue: it is a variety of scrapers, brushes and gels.
All of them help to control the amount and quality of dental plaque, which is a major factor in the development of oral diseases.
- What is a plaque?
- Plaque - is a complex consisting of food residues, microorganisms and their metabolic products, as well as dead germs.The formation and growth of plaque leads to inflammation of the gingival margin (gingivitis), hereinafter the process involved in the bone structure, which in turn leads to periodontitis and eventually to tooth loss.
- In our country, to oral hygiene for decades if not treated with disdain, then certainly without proper attention.One or two daily brushing teeth ... actually, that's all that we are taught to do with teeth since childhood.It was believed that this is sufficient for the oral care.This is the correct approach?
- No, this is not enough, especially in the period of acute dental diseases when disrupted bacterial balance in the mouth.Removing plaque from hard to reach areas (e.g., interdental) with tongue folds on smooth surfaces of teeth, we minimize the influence of bacteria, as well as their number.
- Hygiene measures should not be limited to using only a toothbrush with toothpaste?
- Of course not, in each group, taking into account the status of dental doctor selects certain hygiene.Toothbrush alone can not cope with the plaque, as for her, there are inaccessible places in the mouth.
- Can the patient choose the pasta?
- Usually what happens.Patients are guided in choosing toothpaste advertisements on television, on the Internet and from magazines.Do not give the expected results, they refuse on the selected paste, although it may correspond to a very high standard, and the lack of results is due to the wrong approach to their problem.Therefore, I recommend to treat their problem to the doctor to choose the appropriate means of hygiene and to learn to use them.
- If the patient went to a doctor, say, bleeding gums when brushing your teeth, the doctor may recommend it?
- First, you need to hold a professional oral hygiene, as a result of which will be removed not only the plaque, but also dental calculus.The patient will train to use interdental tools and pick up toothpaste and rinse.
Since you mentioned bleeding gums, I would like to dwell on the series "Parodontotsid" Moscow pharmaceutical factory production, which helps to solve this problem due to its composition: essential oils and extracts of sage, clove, peppermint, combined with thymol and eugenol.
Essential oils have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and analgesic properties, but the sage extract, in addition to its anti-inflammatory properties, has a hemostatic effect.The series includes toothpaste, Elixir (a concentrated solution), spray and gel.
- Can these funds be used for traumatic injury of the mucous membrane of the mouth?
- Yes, they can.However, only after the traumatic factors (sharp edges of fillings, trauma when using removable dentures, and others.) By the second or third day after using the patient sees the result that subsequently contributes to the development of the patient's motivation to maintain a regular oral hygiene.
- whether the series "Parodontotsid" was approved and, if so, where?
- clinical studies concentrated solution based on the FSI CNIIS Medical University were held in Moscow and at the Department of Dentistry and the general practice of anesthesiology FPKS.
- And how is it different from the other series of hygiene?
- The uniqueness of the series lies in the joint use of the two components (thymol and eugenol), thanks to which the entire series works successfully not only against bacterial infections, but also anti-fungal.Thymol is the most valuable part of Thymus vulgaris and eugenol - the main component of the essential oil of cloves.
- How long can I use the "Parodontotsid"?
- until the desired clinical result, but on prescription rate can be continued to maintain the remission period (up to 4 months).
- What would you like to finally say to our listeners?
- I would like to wish that oral hygiene was not a burdensome task for them and bring pleasure.
Despite the rapidly evolving technology, discoveries, advances in medicine, the world is still not able to give a person's health.But the lives ...
question of what to do if a low pulse, frequently asked cardiologists on internal consultation.However, often there are situations and when to g...
Otolaryngologist - medical specialty, in the opinion of the layman boring.No breathtaking diagnoses nor sensational discoveries, nor virtuous op...