Nausea is not always harmless and goes over time.Often it may be the cause of many serious diseases rather.
What is nausea
Nausea - this is an unhealthy feeling in the upper abdomen.
When a sick person, he feels:
- increased salivation.
Man may even vomit.Vomiting muscle contraction throws contents of the stomach into the esophagus and then out through the mouth.In most cases, nausea and vomiting did not result in serious consequences.They are easy to manage to cope at home with improvised means.
What can testify nausea
Nausea and vomiting can be symptoms of some diseases and specific conditions:
- viral infection, such as rotavirus gatroenterit;
- food poisoning;
- under stress, neurosis, or other mental illnesses such as depression or anxiety disorder;
- develop vomiting can trigger a number of drugs.Some antibiotics, birth control pills and heart medications;
- during pregnancy.Morning sickness is often the first symptom;
- diseases of the abdominal cavity;
- nausea and vomiting are often accompanied by migraine attacks;
- a heart attack;
- traumatic brain injury;
- alcohol or drugs, or abrupt withdrawal of alcohol intake;
- eating disorders: anorexia nervosa and bulimia;
- lesion in the middle ear, labyrinthitis, Meniere's disease, motion sickness;
- side effect of radiation therapy;
Nausea and vomiting will point to the following diseases
also cause nausea and vomiting can be diseases such as:
- Liver disease: hepatitis or cirrhosis;
- Inflammation of the pancreas - acute or chronic pancreatitis;
- Inflammation of the inner lining of the stomach - gastritis;
- stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- problems with the gallbladder leads to nausea and vomiting (cholecystitis);
- Inflammation of the appendix - appendicitis;
- Kidney stones;
- kidney disease (pyelonephritis, or renal failure);
- infection of the urinary tract;
- Changes in the intestine, such as intestinal obstruction;
- infection of the central nervous system, such as meningitis, encephalitis, or brain tumor compression;
- pelvic infection.
What threatens nausea and vomiting
Development vomiting can quickly lead to dehydration - dehydration.Especially prone to dehydration elderly because they:
- drink less, because less susceptible to the feeling of thirst;
- kidneys in older less do their job;
- themselves often restrict fluids because many suffer from incontinence;
- for some elderly people characterized by the presence of concomitant diseases, which are:
- may hinder the act of drinking glasses or water retention;
- prevent seniors to report on their condition, to complain of nausea;
- many seniors simply difficult and painful to move around;
- many painful to go to the toilet;
- elderly often for the treatment of the underlying disease are taking diuretics sredstvaZh
- many older people do not have enough money to properly take care of themselves.