Obesity - a metabolic disease, the most prominent feature of which is the excessive deposition of fat in organs and tissues.There are several types of obesity.
Obesity refers to recurrent, prone to chronic diseases that require long-term, often life-long treatment, so it should be treated by qualified doctors (endocrinologists, nutritionists, therapists, neurologists, plastic surgeons, and others).
basis for the diagnosis of the degree of obesity is individually calculated the index weight of the human body.
At the same time distinguish several grades of obesity, both because of its appearance, and in its mechanisms of development.
One classification distinguishes types of obesity:
- primary obesity, it is sometimes referred to as estrogens or alimentary-constitutional;
- secondary obesity, also called symptomatic or endogenous, because it is one of the symptoms of a disease, and cure of the disease disappear, and obesity.
Another classification of obesity into account to a greate
r degree of anatomical factors - mainly the location of fat tissue in the human body, as well as a pathological process that underlies obesity.
In this regard, the following types of Obesity.
- simple type of obesity in which fat is relatively evenly distributed in the subcutaneous fat and internal organs, but it is still growing accumulation of fat in the abdomen is observed, in the buttocks and thighs, chest and shoulders.This type of obesity is found not only in adults but also in children.
- monstrous type of obesity is characterized by weight gain of more than 70 kg (most often it is the fourth degree of obesity by body mass index).When it accumulates in the fat sag subcutaneous fat folds on the body to a great extent not only hampering the movement of a person, but also greatly disturbed blood supply of all organs and tissues and are accompanied by progressive development of cardiovascular disease, leading to premature death.
- Male, or android, type of obesity is characterized by preferential deposition of fat in the upper half of the body (neck, shoulders, chest and abdomen - the figure "apple") and to a lesser extent - in the hips and buttocks.Often this type of obesity is combined with diabetes and hypertension.
- Female, or gynoid, type of obesity is characterized by preferential deposition of fat in the abdomen, buttocks and thighs, chest ( "pear" shape), while the lower leg are slim.Often this type of obesity is combined with diseases of the spine and joints, varicose veins, diabetes mellitus.
- cushingoid, or spider, the type of obesity is usually found in the excessive synthesis of the body's adrenal hormone cortisol and is characterized by disproportionate excess deposition of fat in almost all the body and the head and limbs are thin.This type of obesity is most common in endocrine diseases (tumors of the adrenal glands or the pituitary gland).
- eunuchoid obesity type is found only in men with hypogonadism (congenital or acquired character) and reminds gynoid type of obesity: fat tissue excess is deposited in the abdomen, breast, thighs.When the innate nature of hypogonadism in men no secondary sexual characteristics, rarely found gigantism.This type of obesity is necessary to exclude a pathology of the pituitary, hypothalamus and gonads.
- Cerebral type of obesity is associated with disruption of the central nervous system and its regulatory functions, such as the diencephalic syndrome, disorders of the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, metabolism regulation centers substances and hormones, etc.In many ways, it resembles a simple obesity.
- lipomatous type of obesity is characterized by the formation of multiple benign tumor deposits (lipomas, lipofibrom) in various parts of the body on a background of mild expression of the general obesity.