Gout compliance with the restrictions in the diet significantly reduces the severity of symptoms of pain and speeds recovery, and is the best way to prevent repeated exacerbations.
Since gout is mainly violated exchange of uric acid and purine compounds with gouty arthritis diet is very different from diet in other diseases of the joints.
This diet is one of the leading medical factors, so during acute gout, and in remission, doctors recommend a diet №6.It shows and other violations of protein and salt metabolism in the body, in urolithiasis with the formation of urate and oxalate.
Nutrition for Gout: diet №6
- Fractional power (at least five times a day).
- Reduced dietary protein content - not more than 80 g, no more than the rate of 0.8-1 g per 1 kg of patient weight.
- amount of fat - 50-90g, at the rate of no more than 0.8-1 g per 1 kg weight of the patient (including the fats contained in the protein, dairy products and vegetable oil), animal fats are excluded.
- amount of carbohydrates - 400-50
0 g, with a limited number of products such as sugar, honey, jam, candy, etc.The diet should prevail vegetable carbohydrates - fresh fruits, vegetables, berries and sour juices.
- Number of table salt - no more than 5-7 grams (one teaspoon - of the total of all products!) Per day.
- amount of fluid a day - two liters or more, milk, alkaline mineral water, broth hips: they help dissolve uric acid and prevent salt deposition in cartilage, connective tissue, membranes, joints and kidneys.
- meat and fish in the diet are limited, optimal use of no more than twice a week and only boiled (or steamed) form.Since about half of the purine substances from meat and fish is released into the broth, gout is not recommended to eat soups.Roasted meat and sausage is recommended to exclude completely all.
- 1-2 times a week is useful to observe the unloading diet (fruit and vegetable), but hunger is strictly forbidden.You can not overeat!
- Power gout should include a lot of vitamins, especially vitamins B and C.
When gout is recommended to include in your diet:
- eggs, milk and low-fat dairy products, as they almost do not contain purines, and even contribute totheir removal from the body;
- flour and cereals, nuts;
- vegetables (carrots, potatoes, zucchini, cabbage, cucumbers, squash);
- berries (cherries, cherries, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon) and fruits (apricots, non-acidic varieties of apples, plums, pears, peaches).
During gout exacerbation necessarily excluded:
- cheese spicy, horseradish, mustard, black pepper;
- offal (liver, kidneys) and sausages, smoked;
- broth (meat, chicken, fish and mushroom);
- herring, canned fish and meat;
- legumes (peas, beans, soya beans), tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, sorrel, lettuce, rhubarb, raspberries, cranberries;
- any alcohol, coffee, cocoa, strong black and green tea.