known that cigarette smoke affects not only smokers but also the surrounding, forced him to breathe, and especially - children of smokers.
Everyone knows that smoking is injurious to health.The US government, the American Association for the Study of Lung held company focused on the graphic dire consequences of smoking - lung cancer to diseases of the cardiovascular system to get Americans to give up the habit.
obvious that the harmful effects of tobacco smoke are subject not only to smokers but also those who are close to them, especially if non-smokers work or live with a smoker.
Most of the smoke from a burning cigarette does not get into the lungs of the smoker, and dissipated into the surrounding air, where it can be inhaled unhappy located nearby.To protect the health of non-smokers in many US states laws prohibiting smoking in public places have
When you breathe the smoke emanating from the coal at the end of a cigarette, cigar or pipe - sidestream smoke and the smoke exhaled by the smoker - the main stream smoke, you inhale almost the same amount of chemicals that a smoker.
in tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 different chemicals, over 50 of which are known as substances that cause cancer.Here are just some of the substances that the smoker inhales passive:
- hydrogen cyanide (prussic acid) - the most poisonous gas used as a chemical weapon, and insecticide.
- benzene - a component of gasoline
- formaldehyde - a substance used for embalming corpses
- carbon monoxide - a poisonous gas found in car exhaust.
report was published in 2006, it confirms that passive smoking can be deadly;also it has been shown that the more you passively inhale smoke, the greater the risk to your health.
Here are some statistics:
- 126 million non-smoking Americans are forced to passively inhale smoke at work and home
- passive smoking is a cause of death for approximately 50,000 non-smoking adults Americans
- for nonsmokers passively inhaling smokethe risk of lung cancer increases by 20-30%, cardiovascular diseases - by 25-30%
- about 3,000 passive smokers die every year from bronchopulmonary diseases
- 46,000 non-smokers living with smokers die each year from heart disease.
- from 15 000 to 30 000 children under the age of 18 months become ill with respiratory infections such as pneumonia and bronchitis due to passive smoking, from 7500 to 15 000 of them are in need of hospitalization., For severe asthma attacks live in families of smokers over 40% of children in need of emergency care -
Passive smoking can cause a number of serious health problems, especially increased incidence of cancer or heart disease.
cancer is the most debated consequence of both active and passive smoking.Lung cancer is the most frequently mentioned, as a consequence of passive smoking, but do not forget that the cancer at other sites - breast cancer, cervical cancer is also common.
Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
passive inhalation of cigarette smoke affects the heart, some studies showed that only 10 minutes of smoking enough to initiate damage to the heart.Inhalation of smoke contributes to the fact that red blood cells - platelets become stickier, increases the risk of clogging of the arteries with cholesterol and the risk of damage to the inner walls of blood vessels.All of these changes can lead to disruption of the blood flow, which is the cause of heart attacks and strokes.The researchers found that in women who have passively inhaled cigarette smoke, the risk of developing cardiovascular disease increased by 69% and the risk of stroke by 56%.
Children are most susceptible to the negative effects of second-hand smoke because their body is in the process of growth and their breathing more and more deeply than adults.
Passive smoking in children leads to:
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- increase in the number of respiratory infections, such as pneumonia and bronchitis
- more severe and more frequent asthma attacks
- increase the number of ear infections
Smoking during pregnancy is the most dangerous for a developing baby.It leads to premature birth, the birth of children with low birth weight, a sudden infant death syndrome, mental retardation, lack of attention to the syndrome with hyperactivity.The more cigarettes to smoke my mother during pregnancy, the more damage it will cause her unborn child.
The best way to protect yourself from the harmful effects of passive smoking - avoid inhaling secondhand smoke, no less important is to combat the harmful habit in others - to convince the people around you to quit smoking.Those who do not give up the addiction must smoke outside the home, so far away from non-smokers as possible.
Offices should be a zone free from smoking, but where smoking is still allowed, all efforts should be focused on the division of areas for smokers and non-smokers, it should also be organized good ventilation of the building.A large number of public places (restaurants, shops) are already areas where smoking is prohibited in the same public places where smoking is still possible, it is necessary to organize special rooms for smoking.
most important place should not smoke, is your home, especially if it is the children live.According to some estimates, about 21 million people live in homes where family members or guests smoke on a regular basis;more than half of American children detected cotinine in the blood (a component of nicotine).Fencing of children (and adults) smoke may help reduce the risk of respiratory infections, severe bronchial asthma, cancer and many other serious diseases.
Fever is a defense reaction of the body and can occur for various reasons.For example, as a result of getting infections, allergy, decreased immu...
Knowing the basic signs of diabetes in children, you will be able to see a specialist in a timely manner to prevent the deterioration of the heal...
fascia - a connective sheath that covers the organs, blood vessels, nerves and muscles.It is designed to perform a supporting function to contro...