Normally, a healthy person can go to the toilet "at-large" three times a day to three times a week.If the stool is soft and freely go out, this is not constipation.
Experts believe constipation stools less than three times a week.Constipation is also considered to be a chair, in which 25% of bowel movements the following symptoms are present:
1) straining during defecation.
2) Feeling of incomplete emptying of the bowel.
3) Hard stools, takes the form of "sheep" feces.
4) Feeling of obstruction.
5) Inability to poop without pushing hands or without the aid of a finger in the rectum.
Constipation may be accompanied by spasms and pain when potuzhivanii with the aim of pushing the dry hard stool.There may also be abdominal bloating and nausea.The feces and toilet paper can be detected impurities bright red blood from bleeding hemorrhoids or anus shallow breaks - anal fissures formed by pushing the stool through the anal sphincter.
There are three types of constipation: in the normal passage of stool through the intestines, with slow intestinal peristalsis and therefore delay clearance.
most common forms of constipation are normal or delayed passage (movement) of stool, so-called functional constipation.The main cause of this condition is insufficient dietary fiber content.
Other causes are:
1) Irritable Bowel Syndrome
2) Travel or abrupt change their traditional way of life
3) Low physical activity
4) immobilized by illness or age
5) Acceptance of a number of drugs canlead to constipation.For example, antacids, antidepressants, antihistamines, antihypertensives, iron preparations and narcotic analgesics can cause functional constipation
6) Overdose of laxatives
Constipation is sometimes a symptom of other health problems such as diabetes, decreased thyroid function - hypothyroidism or hypercalcemia.
Sometimes constipation caused by poor muscle tone in the pelvis.For this constipation is characterized by the need for straining, pressure on the back wall of the vagina to remove feces.It is also characterized by a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bowel.Such constipation is most often caused by:
1) Physical causes which have entailed a violation of the rectum function.For example, colon cancer, uterine prolapse or rectum, bowel adhesions, damage due to physical or sexual abuse.
2) Diseases of the central nervous system.Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis or stroke.
3) spinal cord injuries.
4) pain due to hemorrhoids or anal fissures.
5) delay defecation for reasons of decency, or if, due to pain bowel movement.
constipation most often occur in people older than 65 years.For this age group is characterized by monotonous diet and frequent medication.Laxation the elderly also reduced, so feces takes more time for passage through the gastrointestinal tract.Concomitant diseases such as arthritis, difficult trek to the toilet.
also constipation are more common in the rural population living in cold climates, as well as from the poor.
Some psychological problems such as anxiety, depression, anorexia or bulimia, obsessive-compulsive disorder can also lead to the development of constipation.
Women are more likely than men to suffer from constipation.
If stool clog the lumen rectal mucus and fluid can flow around the stool and leak out.Sometimes this leads to the involuntary release of stool - faecal incontinence.In this case, constipation alternate with episodes of diarrhea periods.
spoken blindness compensation process enables tiflopsihologam tiflopedagogam and effectively organize the educational process of the blind and vi...
difficulties in the development of verbal memory in children with hearing impairment due to the fact that even in the conditions of the special e...
Recently, joint disease is rapidly getting younger, and the early signs of arthritis are increasing in people under 30 years old. This trend d...