That treats rheumatologist, when and to whom you need to contact the specialist and also helps if brawn for pain in the joints, VitaPortalu said rheumatologist, MD, Ph.D., Researcher, Institute of Rheumatology, author
- What are the problems most often turn to the rheumatologist?What is your typical work day?
- most often elderly patients treated with typical age-related diseases of the joints (osteoarthritis, osteochondrosis).Young people are frequent problems associated with a sedentary lifestyle, as well as diseases of the tendons and ligaments.
Another group of patients - with autoimmune diseases, there is age-specific features are not as important.For example, systemic lupus erythematosus - a disease of young women.In autoimmune diseases, the body for unknown
During the consultation, I explain the cause of the disease and ways to get rid of it, if necessary, spend a puncture or intraarticular blockade to quickly remove the pain or make a diagnosis.
- How do you know that you need to go is to a rheumatologist, and not another doctor (traumatology, orthopedics)?
- If the pain in the joints, muscles or periarticular tissues occurred against the background of full health, ie there was no trauma or injury, usually need a rheumatologist.
With joint diseases earlier appealed to the surgeon in a district clinic.This is undesirable because often a surgeon diagnoses and immediately prescribes treatment, which in some cases may not be entirely appropriate.
- To the layman rheumatologist profession associated with rheumatic fever, and disease, in turn, with a bent old man.What is rheumatic fever is actually who they often sick?
- Rheumatism - children and youth infectious disease.However, the term was more widespread, the so-called extra-articular rheumatism, which include frequent illness periarticular areas, inflammation of the tendons and periarticular bags that affects people of all ages, and especially in certain professions, whose work is connected with constant and repetitive movements and heavy lifting.
- How diagnoses rheumatologist, is there to do some special examinations, analyzes?
- main in the profession is a thorough examination, detailed questioning about symptoms and the onset of the disease.Diagnostic procedures are always secondary.They include a specific range of immunoassays, diagnostic X-ray, MRI sometimes.
- What to look for when searching for and selecting a specialist?
- If a person intends to consult for the first time, pay attention to professional education, his qualifications.The physician must constantly evolve, to be a member of professional congresses, to learn new things, and immediately implement it in practice, because the science is not in place, there are modern drugs and treatments, it is necessary to know about them.
- What's in your area appeared in recent years thanks to the development of a new science?
- The most important achievement - it is a biological therapy, through which you can now help patients with severe autoimmune diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus).Before the era of biological agents it was not possible, and their quality of life greatly suffered.
- What do you advise patients to behave at the reception, so it was for them the most productive?
- an active interest in everything about the disease, ask questions about its causes, the advisability of recommended products and methods of examination and duration of visits to the doctor.
This is important as there is a vicious practice of prescribing expensive tests and inspections of commercial medicine, which not only brings more information, but often do not need.
Therefore, a good question would be: "Doctor, why is it necessary to assign what, and what do we do if, for example, this analysis will come positive?What are the possible options for another treatment or examination »
-? What is a risk factor for diseases of your profile, if any?In other words - if prevention is possible?
- specific risk factors for the majority there is no autoimmune diseases.Generally accepted the recommendations it is to keep yourself in good physical shape, quitting smoking, healthy eating, and so on.
- The pharmacy is now a lot of ointments and gels "pain in the joints."Can I buy them and to be treated on their own or in all cases, the pain is necessary to see a doctor?
- It is possible, provided that the pain does not cause significant discomfort and lasts less than 2 weeks.If a longer duration of symptoms and the need to strengthen seem rheumatologist.
- It has become very fashionable jogging, running young and old.Of course, it is good for health, but is harmless for the joints and spine?
- Any movement is helpful for the joints with a reasonable approach, therefore, first of all, you have to listen to your body.The movement, including running, should be a joy.So running can be recommended to anyone who enjoys a burden and feels better after it.The half-hour jog will only benefit the joints and spine, but sometimes it is better to start with a walk to much to not load the joints.
When overweight or diseases of the joints of the lower limbs, pronounced flatfoot is advisable to consult a doctor before starting any exercise.
- Recently, in connection with the computerization of diseases ligaments and joints did not get there more distribution?
- It is, rather, not independent disease, but a complex of symptoms associated with a sedentary lifestyle in young able-bodied people.
whole truth of Laura: interview
I can say that has spread inflammation of the Achilles tendon because of constant traffic jams.
- Many people are faced with the fact that the joints crackle or snap.This is not dangerous?
- It's not dangerous, if there is no other sensations, such as pain.Often young at hypermobility syndrome (weak ligaments), and anatomy of tendons and malotrenirovannyh people.
- People actively discussed on internet forums that strengthen joints and bones is useful to eat jelly.Is it true?
- No, it's a common myth.Jelly - a cholesterol-rich diet, it really does not strengthen any joints or bones.
esophagus Achalasia occurs in children and adults, but most of the disease occurs between the ages of 30 to 45-50 years, with equal frequency in...
Exercises to restore vision to help reduce eye strain, strengthen the eye muscles and prevent or slow down the age-related changes.Training for ...
Laser vision correction - a method of recovery by correcting refractive eye laser selective effect on certain parts of the cornea.With the chang...