main causes of anemia (anemia).
reasons for which may develop anemia - are numerous: from the features of the female physiology and dietary preferences to exotic infections acquired through the bite of a tropical insect.
blood loss as a cause of anemia
Often anemia caused by chronic blood loss small.Here are the main causes of blood loss:
· Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, such as ulcers, gastritis, hemorrhoids or gastric cancer
· Frequent use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, Nurofen, paracetamol
· Menstruation in women, especiallyif they are long (more than 7 days) or abundant
Anemia associated with insufficient or incorrect synthesis of red blood cells
in some diseases in the body synthesized too few red blood cells, or they are formed properly, which leads to the inability of these cellstransferring a sufficient amount of oxygen, that is, becomes a cause of anemia.
- Sickle-cell anemia - a serious hereditary disease, fortunately, rare in Russia.In this
case, the body synthesized red blood cells of sickle irregular forms which rapidly disintegrate and also clog small vessels, leading to multiple disorders of internal organs.
- Iron deficiency anemia occurs when a lack of iron in the body.Required for the synthesis of hemoglobin, the main protein of red blood cells.Lack of iron can be associated with an increased consumption of his body (for example, in young children, adolescents, pregnant and lactating women);inadequate intake (malnutrition, vegetariantvo);insufficient absorption (Crohn's disease, resection of the stomach or intestines);chronic blood loss (heavy menstruation, stomach ulcers).
- Vitamin deficiency anemia occurs when a lack of vitamin B12 or folic acid required for the synthesis of red blood cells.Deficiency of these vitamins can be caused by an unbalanced diet.For example, the lack of meat products leads B12 vitamin deficiency and lack of vegetables in the diet to a lack of folate.In addition, for some diseases (Crohn's disease, parasitic infestation, gastrectomy or part of the intestine, AIDS) disturbed absorption of these vitamins.Pregnancy, some medications, alcohol, diseases such as tropical sprue, celiac disease, also lead to a lack of B12 and folate.
- Violation of bone marrow operation.All the synthesized red blood cells in the bone marrow of flat bones located inside, this structure in lesions not synthesized red blood cells.Frequently such a condition arises when exposed to bone marrow radiation or chemotherapy in the treatment of cancer, resulting in the death of stem cells, disruption of the blood sletok synthesis.This condition is called aplastic anemia.Often bone marrow occurs in chronic lead poisoning in people who work in enterprises, which produces lead smelting, manufacture of white lead, batteries, bullets, shot, on printing and other industries. rare congenital disease thalassemia also violates the synthesis of blood cells, it is found among the people of Africa, the Middle East, northern Asia.
- Anemia associated with other conditions. Anemia often accompanies severe disease of the kidneys, liver, thyroid gland.
Anemia caused by increased destruction of red blood cells.
Increased destruction of red blood cells may be several reasons.Firstly, with sickle-cell anemia and thalassemia cells too brittle and break at the slightest impact.Secondly, the part of red blood cells can be destroyed by some medications, as well as the snake or spider venom.Third, developing the so-called hemolytic disease due to incorrect blood transfusions or mother-fetus incompatibility and Rh.
destruction of blood cells is also enhanced by the presence of vascular grafts, artificial heart valves, hypertension.