According to statistics, women are somewhat more likely than men to fall ill with cancer - the percentage is 53% women vs. 47% of men.
Women also meet the specific cancer, which for obvious reasons is not possible for men.It is a cancer of the ovaries, cervix or uterus body cancer, breast cancer.
In addition, women may suffer from these cancers as cancerous lesions of the colon, skin gall bladder and hepatic ducts.Also, they may often occur pancreatic cancer, blood and lymphatic system, kidney, liver.But the lungs and stomach in women less frequently affected than men.
Female cancer: the most common diseases
most common types of cancer that can affect women are diseases such as:
- breast cancer (breast),
- uterine body cancer (endometrial),
- ovarian cancer,
- cervical cancer,
- cancer of the urogenital organs.
Symptoms of cancer
Although each type of cancer has its own specific features, for all of them, there are common signs to indicate the likelihood of certain types of cancers.Such manife
stations should alert his wife's, and serve as a pretext for her to access medical advice and conduct a survey.
- Increased abdominal volume in the absence of pregnancy.Such a feature may indicate that there may be growing ovarian or uterine cancer, or bowel loops distension, bloating and accumulation of edema fluid in the abdominal cavity, produced by the growing tumor and affected tissue.
- Regular and prolonged disorders of excretory functions - persistent constipation or diarrhea, leakage of urine, blood in the stool, difficulty urinating, which last more than two weeks in a row, progressive disorders of these functions.Similar problems may be a symptom of colon cancer or urinary system.
- constant temperature rise to subfebrile in the absence of symptoms of infection or any external causes.If more than ten days, you still have a temperature of 37.2 degrees, which thus responds poorly to therapy, antipyretic drugs, and has no real external causes, is also worried.
- discharge from the genital tract, especially during menopause, between periods or is taking oral contraceptives.It is especially important to pay attention to bleeding and secretions of any color with an unpleasant odor, sukrovichnym secretions.It is also worth to bother with very scarce or excessively heavy menstrual period - these may be signs of cancer of the uterus or cervix.
- Sudden weight loss in habitual diet without dieting.If you lose weight quickly and dramatically, without the presence of external causes for weight loss, it may be a sign of cancer process already running.
- constant apathy and lethargy that occurs when progression of tumor and the destruction of tissues and substances necessary for normal functioning of the body.Isolation of tumor-specific toxic substances that lead to fatigue, weakness, apathy, lethargy and malaise.
- Pain in different parts of the abdomen - the abdomen, around the navel, around the abdomen, constant obsessive and wanton feeling of nausea, appetite disorders, which can be a sign of ovarian cancer or digestive system.
- Itching, the change in the structure of the genital organs, discomfort during sexual intimacy can be signs of cancer lesions.
- changes in the mammary gland in the form of sealing individual sections without pain, fever in a separate chest area, changes in the nipple color, its scaling, discharge from the nipple area, change in shape of the nipple or areola, breast deformation, pigmentation on the skin of the breast, pit of theskin, orange peel on the chest.
diagnosis of cancer is necessary, without delay If any of the symptoms described above, be examined by a doctor to conduct all the necessary analyzes and tests.First of all, give up the routine blood and urine tests - general, biochemical, coagulation and hormonal research conducted.It is also necessary to take a blood test to detect very common tumor markers.
often required as genetic testing and counseling for high-risk and determining the likelihood of developing cancer.At suspicion on oncology conduct an MRI to determine the localization of the tumor and its possible spread to neighboring organs and tissues, skeletal isotope scanning for metastases in the bones, organs endoscopy with tissue fence on onkotsitologiyu, tissue biopsy and, if possible, PET.