After the winter, most of us does not feel as good as we would like.Gray complexion, dull hair, tired, sleepy, and nervousness - are signs that it is time to recharge your body with vitamins and minerals.And if, moreover, in recent months, you pretty launched his waist, then you should know about a magical product, capable of transforming you to fly.
Meet chickpea - beans relative, peas and lentils.Here are some interesting facts about it.
- Chickpea is very popular in thirty countries around the world, mainly in the Middle East.In Australia, it is one of the ten most common crop products.
- In antiquity chickpeas associated with Venus, the goddess of love, beauty, spring and fertility.It was believed that it is equally useful for the male and for the female body.His fried in olive oil and eaten with cheese.For the first time on Nute it is mentioned in the "Iliad" of Homer.
- Researchers found that chickpeas can reduce blood cholesterol levels.It is recommended to nutritionists.But diet does not have to
be fresh and monotonous.Of chickpea can be cooked a variety of dishes.Ask a vegetarian or a lover of Indian cuisine.
- chickpea seeds are rich in zinc.It is known that its deficiency in the body leads to anemia, depression, memory loss, fatigue and irritability.Nut will help avoid such troubles.In addition, from the zinc content in the blood depends on the condition of your hair and skin.
- Another reason urgently reserved chickpeas: its seeds contain folic acid, which strengthens the immune system and helps to cure anemia.Folic acid is essential for all pregnant women.
- chickpeas contains other substances the body needs.For example, vitamins B1 and B6.As well as the amino acid lysine, which promotes tissue repair, growth and antibody production.Lysine improves the immune system and helps fight viruses, especially herpes.This amino acid is used for the recovery after injuries and operations.Also with it you will regain the ability to concentrate and become much calmer.
To personally assess all the beneficial properties of chickpea, try to cook several dishes based on it.You can start with these recipes from the books "Ayurveda" and "Recipes of Chinese studies."
chickpeas in masala sauce
This saturated dish chickpeas from India - a nutritious source of protein, which adds a nice texture and flavor.
- 1 cup dried chickpeas or 2 cups canned chickpeas
- 4 tbspghee (clarified melted butter can be replaced with sunflower oil)
- 1 tbspgrated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon 1/2 food seasoning or curry powder, mild severity
- 2 tspgaram masala (traditional blend of spices for India)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes.Peel and seeds and grind in a blender (about 4 medium tomatoes)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 8 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or 1 sliced date
- 2 tsppaste tamarind (tamarind), optional
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 leaves of cabbage.Remove stems and coarsely chop
- 2 medium potatoes.Roughly chop and steamed until tender
- Salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper Preparation
- Soak the chickpeas in 2 cups cold filtered water all night.Drain water, rinsed and placed in medium-sized saucepan.Add 1.5 cups of filtered water and bring to a boil.Slowly simmer, covered for 2 hours, then strain.
- Heat the ghee in a large saucepan over low heat.Add ginger and cook slowly until browned (about 2 minutes).Add the cumin seeds and cook for another 1-2 minutes.Add the powder feed, garam masala, tomato, tamarind paste (optional), and bay leaf.Simmer, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Add the coconut milk and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce becomes thick and sticky (about 8 minutes).
- Add chickpeas, cilantro, lemon juice, maple syrup, cabbage and potatoes.Remove the bay leaf with tongs or a slotted spoon.Add salt and pepper to taste.
does not contain dairy products, if we replace w sunflower oil.It does not contain gluten.
Taco with chickpeas
On 8 tacos.
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tspfresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chili
- 1 1/2 tspground cumin 1 tsp
- finely ground salt 1 tsp
- ground black pepper tsp
- 1/2ground paprika teaspoon
- 1/4granulated garlic powder teaspoon
- 1/4onion powder tsp
- 1/8ground cayenne pepper tsp
- 1/4dried marjoram or oregano
- 1 can (about 425 g) chickpeas
- corn tortillas for tacos without oil or
- Arugula lettuce
- 1 diced tomato
- Preparation Preheat oven to 200 ° C.
- Shots baking parchment.Separate from chickpeas fill, rinse.
- whisk Whisk soy sauce, juice, salt and spices.Add the chickpeas and mix.
- Put the mixture on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake 20-40 minutes, until the chickpeas will not be sufficiently crunchy.
- The tortillas for tacos put chickpeas, and on top - the greens and tomatoes.
Ratatouille with chickpeas
This dish is very similar to ratatouille, but in addition it uses vegetables and chickpeas original combination of herbs and spices.Ready meals quickly and easily!
At 5-6 servings.
- March 1 / 2-4 cup cooked or 2 cans (400 or 425 g) canned chickpeas
- 1 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3-4 large cloves of garlic crushed
- 1-2 cans (about 800 g) tomatoes, diced cup
- 1/2 diced red or orange bell pepper
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 tsp
- maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 tspmustard seeds 2 tsp
- dried basil 1 tsp
- dried oregano tsp
- 1/2dried rosemary 1 tsp
- sea salt teaspoon
- 1/8ground allspice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Preparation Preheat oven to 200 ° C.
- If using canned chickpeas, drain fill, rinse.In a baking dish, place all the ingredients except the bay leaf.
- Mix well, then add the bay leaf.
- Cover shape and bake the vegetables with chickpeas 30 minutes.
- Mix well and bake for another 35-45 minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent.During baking, stir again.
- Remove the bay leaf.Serve with quinoa or brown rice.