cholesterol level in the blood - one of the most important blood tests that should regularly take, in particular - the elderly.It is important to know what is the rate of cholesterol.
Cholesterol circulates in the blood is not our own, and two kinds of complex compounds:
So, how to determine the rate of cholesterol in the blood.
Cholesterol performs many useful functions in the body, for example, is part of the hormones involved in
However, excess of cholesterol can cause great harm to the body - lead to the development of atherosclerosis, because cholesterol is a major component of atherosclerotic plaques.This illness is on everyone's lips, because it is very common.Atherosclerosis and related diseases - coronary heart disease (coronary heart disease), thromboembolism - has been for many years topped the list of causes of death in Russia.
Doctors recommend to check their level of cholesterol in the blood at least once every five years for people older than 20 years.After 35 years in men and 45 - women are strongly encouraged to make regular screening on diseases caused by lipid metabolism disorders.For this shall the blood from a vein in the biochemical analysis.Try to understand what the numbers mean in the analysis of the level of cholesterol in the blood.
lipid fraction includes:
- Less than 100 mg / dl - the norm;
- 100 mg / dL - 129 mg / dL - almost the norm;
- 130 mg / dL - 159 mg / dL - slightly higher than the norm;
- 160 mg / dL - 189 mg / dL - a high level;
- 190 mg / dL and above - critical level.
However, please note that if you have heart disease or vascular disease, LDL cholesterol is better to keep below 70 mg / dL.In patients with diabetes or other additional risks of heart disease LDL level should be less than 100 mg / dl.
Since HDL - is "good" cholesterol, is higher than its level the better.
above 60 mg / dl - high level is standard, it helps prevent the development of atherosclerosis.
less than 40 mg / dL for men and less than 50 mg / dl - in women - a low level, which is an additional risk factor for heart disease.
- this is the form in which most fat exists in food as well as in our body.High triglyceride levels may indicate disease of the coronary arteries.
- Less than 150 mg / dl - the norm;
- from 150 mg / dL to 199 mg / dl - the maximum permissible level;
- from 200 mg / dL to 499 mg / dL - a high level;
- from 500 mg / dL and above - very high levels of triglycerides.
total cholesterol consists of LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol and other lipid components.Doctors recommend to maintain the level of total cholesterol is below 200 mg / dL.
- Less than 200 mg / dl - the optimum level of cholesterol;
- from 200 mg / for up to 239 mg / dl - the maximum permissible level;
- from 240 mg / dL and above - critical high cholesterol.
Visceral osteopathy: what it is and when applied. Osteopathy - one of the methods of traditional medicine, which consists in the manual exposu...
What is an aneurysm, what types of aneurysms are and what they're dangerous. aneurysm - bulging of the vascular wall, which occurs when a comb...
When puberty may be considered premature and why this happens. Precocious puberty begins at the age of 7.5 years in girls and 9 years in boys....