Disorders of the nervous system associated with a lesion in diabetes the small blood vessels, called diabetic neuropathy.This is a fairly common complication reduces the ability to work, and in the future - to severe disability and even death.
Nervous system disorders associated with lesions in diabetes the small blood vessels, called diabetic neuropathy.This is a fairly common complication reduces the ability to work, and in the future - to severe disability and even death.
pathological process in the nerve tissues in diabetes affects sensory, motor and autonomic nerve fibers.Most often it affects the peripheral nervous system (nerves to the arms, legs, head).The first symptoms of neuropathy in the legs (feet), in particularly severe cases begin to suffer hands.There are c
nerves in the extremities are affected most often.The feet and hands are constantly freezing, start to hurt.Over time, the patient begins to experience paresthesia - kind of sensitivity disorders, characteristic of neuropathy.In place of the pain comes a feeling of numbness and icing, especially in the legs.This is dangerous because of diabetic neuropathy can develop diabetic foot syndrome.
This phenomenon is called a syndrome because it brings together a group of late complications of diabetes, which develops when abnormal changes stop.It may be necrotic processes, ulcers and bone and joint destruction.Since diabetes - a systemic disease, the specific changes occur in the blood vessels, skin and soft tissues, bones and joints.Persistent reduction of sensitivity leads to the fact that the resulting sores are not seen in time, the infection penetrates into them, and then - "the process has begun" ... Against the background of the diabetic foot can develop an abscess, cellulitis, and even gangrene, which inevitably ends with amputation of the limb.
1. The first rule of a diabetic - to monitor the level of blood sugar.Keep it OK - it is in your power!
2. Any abrasions, blisters, bruises and sores on their feet demanding action.Pay attention to the condition of the skin of feet.
3. During hygiene procedures, use scissors with blunt ends and secure pumice.Random wound received during a pedicure, gangrene can result.Remember that the open wounds in diabetics heal very badly, and sweet warm blood - a perfect breeding ground for bacteria.Now multiply this is the almost complete lack of sensitivity in the legs.Result - abysmal.
4. Approach to the choice of footwear respectively.It should not press, rub, squeeze, not to hurt leg (see para. 3).
5. Microtrauma skin is very easy to get, but not cure, so do not go barefoot - this will avoid unnecessary problems.
6. Everyone knows that smoking kills.Nicotine causes a spasm of blood vessels, thereby worsening the already poor circulation.Several cigarettes smoked per day nullify the effect of the treatment, turning it into a Sisyphean task.
7. Remember that movement - life.Physical exercises normalize the blood circulation in the extremities, but do not forget, paragraph 3: Any wound on the skin of the feet is a contraindication for physical exercises.
trophic ulcers in diabetes - the main cause of amputation, from mild (eg, toe) to high (including, for example, lower leg or thigh).However, early detection and proper treatment can significantly improve the outlook and reduce the risk of amputation.
main method of treatment of trophic ulcers - a topical treatment and hygienic care.Often limb loss is the only way to save lives, but at the same time, this operation is accompanied by a high postoperative mortality.
Restoring blood flow (revascularization) surgical methods is a vital measure to save the foot when conditions allow limbs.The possibility of reconstruction (shunt) operations leg arteries depends on the risk assessment of both the intervention and postoperative complications.
new word in the surgical treatment of the diabetic foot has become the method of endovascular therapy, angioplasty or leg arteries, which gives promising results.
Timely diagnosis and treatment of fatty liver reduce the risk of developing severe forms of the disease, which can lead to cirrhosis of the live...
November 21, 2012 held the first practical conference "New health of Russia", organized by the Central Research Institute of organization and in...
Allergies - is the process of restructuring immunity exhibiting increased sensitivity to certain substances, even with minimal contact with them...