You are not alone.We live in a society of people with disturbed sleep: for more than 60 million Americans insomnia - regular guests, and to a much greater number of people it comes periodically.The problem with falling asleep consumes a lot of energy and affects the physical, mental and emotional well-being.Insomnia increases the risk of heart disease, obesity, diabetes, fibromyalgia and depression.Lack of sleep causes memory loss, mental decline and slower reactions, which often lead to various accidents or errors, as well as the uncertainty in their own abilities.Adequate sleep is essential for the restoration of health, energy and confidence.Search for causes of insomnia begins with a study of lifestyle and daily habits.
overwhelming number of experts on sleep problems say that the basis for the serene embra
1. RESET INTERNAL CLOCK
• Always observe mode. to accustom the body to sleep peacefully, experts recommend to go to sleep and wake up every day at the same time (even on weekends).Ayurveda agrees.Sleep disturbance causes the wool imbalance - the constitutional power, or doshas associated with the element of air and space and is characterized by movement and creativity.wool excess leads to restlessness and anxiety.Persistence habits balances vata.
• Go to bed when tired, ideally around 10 pm. According to Ayurveda, Kapha dosha associated with water and earth elements, characterized by weight and a sedentary and dominated by between six and ten o'clock in the evening.This means that it will be easier to fall asleep and stay asleep, having gone to bed at this time.Between ten o'clock in the evening and two o'clock in the morning, pitta dosha associated with fire and the growth, stimulates brain activity and helps the internal Midnighter time to lie down.
• Limit physical activity before bedtime. hour before bedtime spend in a warm bath, drinking herbal tea, making self-massage, listening to soothing music or reading an inspirational book.Spend 10-15 minutes on a relaxing yoga.Exercise, alternating tension and relaxation, will help calm the nervous system.Lie on your back on the floor or on the bed, stretched out in a line head, neck and spine.On the inhale tighten the facial muscles (tight close your eyes, your lips), exhale completely relax.Repeat once.Breathe deeply and feel how soft was the face.Then turn your attention to the right hand from the shoulder to the wrist, fingers set up the fan on the breath, relax as you exhale.Repeat, then breathe calmly.Continue to stretch and relax the same way the left arm, the abdomen, the right and left legs.Then just relax and lie down, watching the calm fills the body.
2. Create the right surroundings
• Use the bed only for sleep and sex. Bed - a temple of relaxation and self-care, so do not eat, do not use the computer or watch TV when you are in bed.In this way, your mind will be notified that if the head hits the pillow, then it's time to relax and go to sleep.
• Do not look at the clock. Worry about the time (as little as you slept, how much is left before waking up) is not conducive to restful sleep.Just do not pay attention to them.
• Let your bedroom is cool. Many studies show that most people sleep better in a cool room.The temperature in the range 16-20 ° C helps the body to cool down and fall asleep.If the bedroom is very warm, turn off the heating or the slightly open window.
• Avoid sensory stimulation. light, sound, and an uncomfortable bed can activate sensory receptors and interrupt sleep.Keep the bedroom dark and quiet.Purchase a high-quality mattress, orthopedic pillow and soft, breathable linen.
3. DO NOT tossed IN BED
If in the middle of the night you wake up and can not go back to sleep, instead of counting sheep, count your breaths.Practice for 15 minutes diaphragmatic breathing - it stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system and promotes relaxation.Or count the duration of inhalation and exhalation, and then gradually increase the length of exhalation (target: the ratio between the inhalation and exhalation of 1: 2, but make sure you do not overexert).
If you still can not sleep, get up out of bed.Take something boring, for example, gently fold the clothes.Do not turn on the computer or TV, dim the lights, do not stimulate locomotor activity.After half an hour, go back to bed and try to fall back asleep.If it is impossible to fall asleep within 15 minutes, get up and repeat all over again.
sounds unpleasant and beaten - you may be tempted to just take pills - but research shows that long-term sleep hygiene is more effective than drugs for the treatment of insomnia.
If you constantly and gently retrain your brain, eventually he will obey your prudence, and you will leave insomnia.Sweet Dreams!
Natural remedies for sleep
Despite the popularity of sleeping pills, they solve the problem for a short while.Over time, their efficiency is lost, and it can start such unpleasant side effects such as daytime sleepiness, memory loss and increased insomnia.Enjoy a better sleep hygiene, and use of herbal supplements, calming the nervous system.Valerian, lemon balm, passionflower, chamomile, lavender and St. John's wort have a nourishing effect on the nervous system and is often part of the hypnotic formulas.Herbs are soft, non-toxic and do not cause addiction, safe for adults and children.Take 2-3 capsules daily or 30 drops of herbal brew for half an hour before bedtime for a few weeks.
Such nutritious tonic herbs like Ashwagandha, punarnava, Brahmi can be used for 2-3 months to strengthen the nervous system and reduce its susceptibility to sleep disorders.
Many Ayurvedic herbs have a soporific effect.Dzhatamansi, also called Indian valerian, has an effect similar to the effect of the above mentioned herbs.Such nutritious tonic herbs like Ashwagandha, punarnava, Brahmi can be used for 2-3 months to strengthen the nervous system and reduce its susceptibility to sleep disorders.They are sold in Ayurvedic centers or stores goods for health.Since Ayurveda considers food as a medicine such soothing spices like nutmeg and poppy seeds, are recommended for the stimulation of sleep.Try before bedtime take 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg mixed with warm milk.
can try 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), a natural supplement containing tryptophan, essential amino acid, is converted in the body tryptophan.Take on night between 200 and 400 mg for 2-3 months.
DAY TIPS FOR QUALITY NIGHT SLEEP
Nutrition, exercise, stress management influence on falling asleep and sleep at night.Below are tips for a good night rest.
1. Every day to exercise. Daily exercise influence on the depth of sleep and overall health.But avoid intensive training for 2-3 hours before bedtime (prefer light stretching exercises).
2. You are in the sun. sun exposure will help to reset circadian rhythms, so go outside and soak up a little.
3. Avoid caffeine, tobacco and alcohol. All these chemicals have a stimulating effect and disrupt sleep.If you do not want to give up caffeine, limit the use of a morning cup of avoiding it in the afternoon.The half-life of caffeine period of six hours which means that half of the drinking stimulator six hours after administration is still inside your body, and its quarter delayed twelve hours, i.e. after midnight, provided if you drank last cup in the afternoon!Alcohol is a depressant.Causing drowsiness initially, in reality it suppresses REM sleep stage (or the stage of rapid eye movement), and its metabolism products, circulating in the blood stream eventually disrupt sleep.Relatively smoking.Stimulator tobacco excites the body and breaks falling asleep, while the abolition of nicotine can disrupt nighttime sleep.
4. Do not load up at night. sharp, oily or sweet food late at night can interfere with sleep.Try to have dinner till seven o'clock in the evening, so that bedtime has remained at least a couple of hours to digest food.If hunger makes you wake up, drink a glass of warm milk or a snack pieces of fruit or whole grain crackers.
Just a few simple tests, carried out at the doctor's help to identify among stroke patients, careful driver.Life after a stroke does not necessa...
blood sugar level affects not only the development of diabetes, but also in the age-associated memory impairment. Since 30 years, a person's a...
Seasonal allergies hurts nearly every fourth person.However, there are ways to cope with this disease. pollen allergy, hay fever, spring catar...